you all's with 35's - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-07-2001, 12:52 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

you all\'s with 35\'s

Hey,

I have toyota axles under my rig, rear rancho 1.5" springs up front with breeze 4" drop links and in the rear I have 5 pack cj springs with breeze 4" drop links. I still only think 33's will fit. I plan on doing a lot of fender trimming. For those of you running 35's, how do you guys get 35's under your rigs and how much rubbing do you have? I don't want to do the body lift, I'd rather wack the fenders before doing that.

Wes.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-07-2001, 02:18 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: you all\'s with 35\'s

I'vebeen running 35's for awhile now with an SPOA, OME rears up front, a set of custom 3" Nationals in back, and Missing Links front & rear. I still had to do a little hammer work in back of the front fenderwell, but the fit is great.

One thing we've started doing on ours which really opens up the tight points in the fender opening (and eliminates the hammering) is cutting out the sheet metal that lies under the plastic running boards. You remove about 4" of sheet metal and really open things up. Put a 2" rocker under it and you still have clearance that is higher than the bottom of your frame. One of these days i'll take some closeup pics.

Most folks realize something is different because of the super clearance, but they can't put their finger on it until I point it out on our Zuks. Folks like the look when they see it though.

http://www.rocky-road.com

post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-07-2001, 02:49 AM
Keyboard Implanted

Glenn, I'd like to see what your talking about cutting! Take some good pic's man! We all would like to see how the master does it![img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
With the Zuk that I drive now I have 16x35" Boggers on, with a custom 5.5" or 6" SPOA (can't remember what size),RRO rear springs up front kit, 4" shackles f/r, and a 3" body lift. I don't rub on any metal, my tires hit my plastic finders at full flex. I know how to fix that problem, but too lazy to do it. I did hammer/cut a little bit of metal to stop it from hitting.
Anyway, my new project that I'm working on now (as soon as I get back to the states) is a 88 Zuk with toyota axles, custom SPOA, rear springs up front, front CJ springs in the rear (thanks to JEEPN), missing links front and rear, 3" body lift, and might put in a add-a-leaf to the front because I'm installing a 4.3L and don't want the front to start to sag.
If you don't want to do the body lift then go with what Glenn has, the 3" National spring is nice. I'm looking forward to seeing what Glenn does to make 4" of more room! Here is a pic of my Zuk flexing with the 35" Boggers. Or go to my web-page for more. http://www.geocities.com/brianconrad1/suspension Later

-Brian

ULTIMATE ZUK
http://www.geocities.com/brianconrad1/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 10-07-2001, 10:45 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

We've bagged the stock fenders and so get no rubbing there anymore. We're using the TJ flares which really open things up. I've been working with Buskwacker on getting things set up so that the rear TJ flares are a separate part #. That way two sets of rears can be bought. The ultimates would be to have them do the TJ flares, but precut them shorter so they bolt right onto the Zuk.
These are the flares. I like the attachment point. They have a quick-release nutsert so you can pull them off on the trail. Though they're flexy enough not to have to

I think we took some pics on the Rubicon for the article 4WD&Sport Utility wanted me to do of the cutting on the running boards.

post #5 of (permalink) Old 10-07-2001, 11:13 AM
Keyboard Implanted

<font color=red> I like the attachment point. They have a quick-release nutsert so you can pull them off on the trail<font color=black>

How does that work Glenn?

DannyL

http://www.partszuki.homestead.com
post #6 of (permalink) Old 10-07-2001, 11:37 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

They're shipping me a set of these new flares for test fitting and to see if they can cut them to Samurai size... so I haven't seen it yet.

As I understand it though, a nutsert is inserted into the sheet metal. Then a super-coarse large-headed aluminum screw type thing is turned in thru the fender and into the nutsert. One of those deals that only takes a couple turns to release.

I think the best thing about these fenders beyond their super width and increased fender opening is the flexibility. Supposedly you can lay the vehicle on its side and have them pop back into shape.

The only downside is potentially the cost. May be a bit more than the lawn-edging crowd is likely to pay.

We'll have info and pics up on our website as soon as things have been test fitted and priced.

post #7 of (permalink) Old 10-07-2001, 12:03 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Yeah, that is what I'm talking about! I need something like that on my Zuk! I'd like to see how much one of them cost! Gald to see you getting things rolling on this stuff! Can't wait to see what it looks like on a Zuk. Later

-Brian

ULTIMATE ZUK
http://www.geocities.com/brianconrad1/
post #8 of (permalink) Old 10-07-2001, 12:07 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

i have toy axles, yj springs s/r, spoa, 3" bodylift. i am running 35x15x15 swampers. i have no rubbing in back, and in front it only rubs slightly on the front lower corner of the rocker panel when its really twisted up. i hammered the seam and thats about it. I wanna try to fit 37x13 boggers next year. don't like the width of the 15" tire on hillclimbs with the lightweight of the zuk.

build it, break it, then build it better.
post #9 of (permalink) Old 10-07-2001, 05:42 PM

I purchased a set of cj springs from jeepn too Brian. He shipped them out and provided me with a tracking number on th 27th of sept. I called the usps this past friday, because my tracking number shows that he shipped them on the 27th in the am, but does not show them scanned into any hub anywhere else. They informed me that they use that number to show that they did in fact receive them, but that they dont actually track items shipped. It really hasnt been that long, and I called them because I was afraid my shipment wasnt moving at all, but it was a learning experience to find out that even tho their website says you can track a shipment, you in fact cant, you only verify that it is shipped.

How many more cj springs do you have Jeepn? I have 2 guys with zukes here that are following in my footsteps with my mods?

Jim

88 sami 4.5 spoa. 2 inch body lift. 33 12.50's
post #10 of (permalink) Old 10-07-2001, 06:09 PM

That's funny, because i ordered chrome rims from summit racing and they gave me a tracking number. I could go on daily and track where they were. From thier arizona warehouse up through the states, until they got to the canadian border where i picked them up. It seemed as though every major city they went through they were scanned. And i could see when they arrived. hmmmmmm....

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode