Weight of Boggers - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-05-2001, 10:48 AM Thread Starter

Weight of Boggers

Dose anyone know how much a Super Swamper Bogger size 31X12.50X15 weighs? Has anyone ever shipped one? Was it expensive? It's going to have to go from Conn to OH.

Do those of you who are running them like them, on-road/off-road?

"Rip it till it breaks, then build it back stronger"

88 hardtop, custom SPOA, 31's, ROCKCRAWLER T-Case w/ 'H' pattern 2WD LOW mod
Two nice dents from rolling(adds character)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-05-2001, 02:10 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Re: Weight of Boggers

I don't have the 31" boggers, I've got the 16x35" Boggers, they are all the same! Anyway, It is great off road and on road takes some getting use to! I know mine follow the ruts on the street because they are so wide, but I don't know if it is a Bogger problem or just a problem I have? If your Zuk is a daily driver then I would get some TSL's or something a little better for the street. Or you can can get some street tires and trailer the boggers! Don't know the weight of the tires, go to supper swampers web-page it might tell ya how much each weighs

-Brian

ULTIMATE ZUK
http://www.geocities.com/brianconrad1/
post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-05-2001, 02:39 PM
Mud in my Veins

I've always wondered this myself. Not so much for the shipping issue but just in general, since I'm mostly a mud guy, wheel speed is as important as tire height to me, so I try to get a good balance of height and weight. This is especially try on the Zuk because of limited HP, so I'm am currently trying to decide the best tires to use. I want some decent ground clearance, but also want to be able to get those puppies flopping too. Given that the zuk must have a fairly small diff, a 33 would probably be plenty big, maybe even 31 would get the job done. I do want to do some playing in the mountains but I'm not going to TRY to flip her over... I just don't enjoy a challenge that much ;0

JEEP, it's what's for dinner.

<A HREF="http://www.arkansasmud.com/" target="_new">
ArkansasMud.com</A>
Muddybronco
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 10-05-2001, 02:47 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Can't go wrong with a 33" TSL or the SX's they are sweet on the Zuk and toss mud everywhere! I had 36" TSL's on mine before I went down to the 35" Bogger, they were just as good in the mud, But the Boggers really toss the mud far and growl when going thru it too [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img] Later

-Brian

ULTIMATE ZUK
http://www.geocities.com/brianconrad1/
post #5 of (permalink) Old 10-06-2001, 01:31 AM
Mud in my Veins

would 33" TSLs be ok to run with the stock front axle? I hear bad things about the birfields but running a locked rig on rocks is probably harder on them than a Sammi turning 5K rpm in the mud. My Zuk is gonna be off-road only (except i'm going to flat tow it so no spools) but what do you think would be the best setup for mud knowing that i don't care about highway crusing speeds, handling, gas mileage, etc? I want to know from somebody who spends time in the mud because i really have no desire to play with Newton's laws up in the mountains, if ya know what I mean.

JEEP, it's what's for dinner.

<A HREF="http://www.arkansasmud.com/" target="_new">
ArkansasMud.com</A>
Muddybronco
post #6 of (permalink) Old 10-06-2001, 03:38 AM

I am going with a 29 inch tire called a wild cat les schwab brand. There traction tire works wondewrs in the mud and the sand. Mine is not a daily driver but I used to have 33's on a rig that was and it's wear and on road manners were great. My father inlaw and his friend both run 31 x 10.5's with spring overs and they go through mud holes that I personally seen lifted fords and chevys with 38" boggers get stuck in!

87 Samurai. S-10 Buckets. Cherry Bomb exaust.
If you ain't wheelin get outa here!
post #7 of (permalink) Old 10-06-2001, 04:10 AM
Keyboard Implanted

I've got 29" super swamper tsl sx tires and am qiute happy on what they can do. If I can't go through, neither can you !
Ground clearance is ALWAYS a blasted problem with little meats like mine..

I'm LOCKED!
Got zook?I do,88.5 spoa'd on 29'shttp://www.geocities.com/bik3r
post #8 of (permalink) Old 10-06-2001, 08:24 AM

I don't have the answer in front of me but I am almost certain it is on the interco or 4 wheel wholesale site. I chose 32" X 9.5 on 8" rims offset an extra inch. The "object at rest" and "rotating mass" rules made me find a way to stand wider but without a wheel/tire combo that weighs over a hundred pounds each. Remeber that anything you add (i.e. each new tire & wheel being an extra 45 lbs) is X5 and I also believe if you can't change the tire yourself... what good is the spare? or the jack and tire iron for that matter....

Calmini 5", 32" TSLs, daily driver, work in progress...
post #9 of (permalink) Old 10-06-2001, 09:22 AM
I Do This For The Glory

Well, the 29x8.5 Swamper weighs 54 pounds on the rim and the 33x12.5 Swamper weighs 83 pounds on the rim, so it's somewhere in between.

The 33x12.5 Swamper doesn't flex on a Zuk, we tried them and even ran them completely flat at Zookin' 2K, so they are not a good choice on a lightweight Zuk. I am running the 32x9.5" Swamper on the stock 5.5" wide rim (with 2" backspacing in the front), and there is "no hope" of throwing a bead, but they air down well at 4 psi. I was VERY impressed with them at Zookin' 2K1 this year, which is the first time I've really worked them to any extent. I'm running 5" suspension lift and 2" body lift, and can still rub the front under compression, so you'll need 8" of lift to clear them well.

JEEPN
Winter Harbor, Maine
'81 CJ-8 Scrambled, It's a Jeep, Chevy, IHC kinda thing!
'88.5 Zuki, 7" Lift, Locked, Swamped, Rolled, and just generally broken in right!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode