U.Z.I. Ultimate Zuki Info Site - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-04-2001, 01:31 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

U.Z.I. Ultimate Zuki Info Site

Ok ladies and gents, it has been brought up on another post, so I'll start a new one here with the info.
The problem #1: New people asking the same question over and over.
Problem #2: No centralized location for Zuk info, from easy to do, simple things (change an interior light bulb, spark plug gapping, timing settings) to harder to all out experimental, do it at your own risk info.
The solution: R/T's Ultimate Zuk Information site. It's simple, step right up folks and let me show you how it works:
I'll get a site and start posting info on what when and how to do things to a Zuk. I'll do the work and maintain the site.
What I need from you: write-ups and pics, drawings, information, links, permission to use your stuff from your pages anything to make the site work.
Several times I have seen this asked for on this list...a one stop Zuk info center. FAQ area, etc,etc. I'll do it if you'll help me. All this will be done FREE of charge. The site will be what you put into it.
Any interest in helping?
Send pics, info, links, etc to [email protected] and I'll get it started. It'll help new people with the info they need, it'll help older Zuker by not seeing the same questions over and over and give us all a place to go and see how to do stuff we never dreamed of to a Zuk.
Waiting...
R/T

88 Samurai, 1300 bored .020,Power Punch II head w/1600 exhaust valves,Low End AAPA cam,Weber,Calmini Header,2" Exhaust System,31/13.50/15 Baja Belted Radials

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-04-2001, 01:53 PM

Re: U.Z.I. Ultimate Zuki Info Site

Excellent

A place to post FAQ's. What storage capacity do you have for images or are you looking at.

LoneZuk

post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-04-2001, 01:54 PM

Have you been to www.izook.com ?
it has a lot of stuff, and has the most links to info.,
it really is an open window the suzuki world.

also, Larry Harris who runs the site, is allways open to any input and would mostlikely welcome
your services.
email him and see.
[email protected]

just a thought

Rich_D
If you don't do anything, How do you know when you are done?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 10-04-2001, 02:00 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

GEEE ! I WISH I'D THOUGHT OF THAT. LOL AMEN BRO, LET'S DO IT.

87 sammy (RAIL BUGGY) PROJECT 50 % complete. isuzu/chevy luv motor, auto tranny, 2 t-cases nissan/zook 7.5:1,tube chassis,4link vw rabbit coils rear,36"tsl's, 1/2 ton GM axles welded.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 10-04-2001, 02:04 PM

Great Idea!!!
I will definitely lend a hand to building and maintaining a Zuk COMPLETE INFO SITE... I too have asked newbie questions that others have ansered in the past... One of the things I've noticed is that this BBS has two types of participants... One are the old hands and pros who have been there, seen that and done it all... The others are the newbies and folks who just wanna keep their Zuks in running order without building anything up or making massive modifications...
Once you start the new site, I'll pitch in and help you maintain it...
Lee Clark
[email protected]
"Life is what you make it... so make it worthwhile"

LeeClark
1988 Suzuki Samurai
post #6 of (permalink) Old 10-04-2001, 02:28 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

i'll piggy back you're post here to PPILLARD. perry please share you're infinate wisdom and cad drawings for the new board. you have too many good ideas. plus i talked with flip ez for about an hour today and he's also a cad guy and interested in well planned upgrades like you are doing that can be duplicated easily. many can benefit greatly from you're tinkerin. this goes fer the rest of ya out there too that i may not know as well. thanks

87 sammy (RAIL BUGGY) PROJECT 50 % complete. isuzu/chevy luv motor, auto tranny, 2 t-cases nissan/zook 7.5:1,tube chassis,4link vw rabbit coils rear,36"tsl's, 1/2 ton GM axles welded.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 10-04-2001, 02:29 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Good idea! I'll send a message to Larry and Terrina as soon as I get home and see if they are interested. If they aren't I'll build one to, three, whatever amount it takes of websites at Geocities (or wherever) to get it going, until I can get enough traffic to warrant buying some server space and a web address. I think Izook will be interested though, they are a great bunch of people! If things plan out, I'll bbe getting cable access at the house soon and have a spare computer that I could set up as a server just for the site. will look into that later down the road.
R/T
R/T

88 Samurai, 1300 bored .020,Power Punch II head w/1600 exhaust valves,Low End AAPA cam,Weber,Calmini Header,2" Exhaust System,31/13.50/15 Baja Belted Radials

post #8 of (permalink) Old 10-04-2001, 02:37 PM

i already posted this, but a good model for the site would be this site:

www.s-series.org

check it out. specially the BBS forums! I know that i personally would include viewing a sammi site like thisin my daily routine!

BBS Forum

it's the best format i've seen out there!

oh... and i'm not trying to advertise either... i used to be heavy into s-series, now it's time for the sammi's to get organized... this is a great example!

post #9 of (permalink) Old 10-04-2001, 02:50 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Ultimate Zuk Info site? I like the name, that is the name of my Zuk project that I'm working on now! The Ultimate Zuk But, I think IZOOK will welcome you into there family! They are a bunch of great people that are always willing to help out for Zuk info and what not! I think it is a great idea! You are welcome to use any info/pic's off my web-page if you like. It isn't much now, but when I get home my Ultimate Zuk project is going to be kicked into overdrive!! I'll have pic's and a how to on the 4.3L install and the Toyota axle conversion, with Missing links and CJ springs in the rear and rears up front! My wife told me that she would help with the picture taking and I will do a step by step intall for the people that are looking at doing a V6 conversion or the popular Toyota axle conversion. Should be done as soon as I get back to the states, around Dec 01 or Jan 02 time frame! Let me know if you need any help! Later

-Brian

ULTIMATE ZUK
http://www.geocities.com/brianconrad1/
post #10 of (permalink) Old 10-04-2001, 03:48 PM

Well, (*sigh*[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif[/img]) I personally don't want another board to pop up. But I won't be so foolish to ignore another useful source of info, either. Again, I say we take measures to improve the existing board we have, but alas, I only swim in the tide, not shape it.

Thanks for the compliments, bill, I'll gladly share any of my work with anyone that wants it. I'm presently documenting my rebuild, and I will likely post it to all the boards when I'm done, which won't be for another month or two.

Flip: you should see if Harris at Izook will host your bbs right on the izook site. It's already the central repository for all zooki stuff, and your board would fit right into that. I'm surprised they don't already have one, and they may be working on one as we speak.

Pillard

[email protected]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode