need (additional) new forum ??????? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-03-2001, 01:32 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

need (additional) new forum ???????

o.k , i'm not trying to start a war but, it seems the suzuki all forum is no longer specific enough for some of us. any interest in starting a heavily modified zook based forum for those of us that build out of any parts we find and have more tools and fabrication skills. i don't mind helping anyone but, the same newbie questions are repeated over & over. i'd be more interested in complex suspenion design,more radical engine tranny t-case swaps , and lots of homegrown ingenuity. than i am about body lifts, how it handles on the highway, how to get extra 5 hp on stock motors etc etc etc. well? anyone interested??????? let you're creativity go wild. if we all get to the same forum, who knows what will be built by this time next year.

once again, this is not meant to offend anyone so plese don't take it that way. every rig and level of driver has a place in off-roading but maybe a more specific forum would be a great addition to this one.
maybe "extreme zooks". i think mike shannon, jbird,ppillard,tim porter and several others are ready fer this.

87 sammy (RAIL BUGGY) PROJECT 50 % complete. isuzu/chevy luv motor, auto tranny, 2 t-cases nissan/zook 7.5:1,tube chassis,4link vw rabbit coils rear,36"tsl's, 1/2 ton GM axles welded.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-03-2001, 02:20 AM

Re: need new forum ???????

hey!... before i was a sammi buff. i was an www.s-series.org buff! We had an entire site dedicated to the lovers of s-series (my ex-love). I wish we had our own site like that! With a forum as helpful as that! anytime i had any question, i'd have a million good answers in an hour! That's what we need!

SOMEONE GET TO WORK!!!

There's lot's of good zuk info on the net, we just need to consolidate it and create a place for us all to hang out, something we can visit every day!

OH... and we also need a newsletter so we can read something on the ****ter!

post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-03-2001, 06:18 AM
pook

sorry, i think it's gonna be a war.
although, it's a great idea. a limited membership, no more boring newbie questions and you could discuss all your modifcations untill your blue in the face,and not have any body bother you.
oh.. there is a site like that it's at OFF ROAD.CAR a disscussion of dune bugges-sand and desert cars. GENERALY OF TUBE CONSTRUCTION....and only 577 posts so far
i'm sorry for the rant but, i myself have learned many things on this post from many different people that i have used to improve my samauri, as i'm sure others have.and i'm sure many questions that i asked had been asked before,but someone has allways answered with no complaints before and others who are just starting out will do the same. We are not on the same level of modifcations as you are, yet...and some never will. but one newbie question might spark a new idea...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 10-03-2001, 06:57 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

i agree with another section but you can't forget the little guys either. the experienced zukers might be tired of hearing the same old question but they also need your help and experience. have you visited pirate4x4.com's bbs? they have a section called general 4x4 discussion and it has lots of good info like you might be looking for.

brian wilson
80 cj5 "high 5"
stretched to 100" wb
vortec350/4L80E/d300/d60fr/14br/detroits/4.56/38's
post #5 of (permalink) Old 10-03-2001, 07:17 AM

I'm a newbie (it says it next to my name) and my Samurai is not extreme (it's all bolt-on, in fact, but will be pretty capable by the time I finish it) but I understand where you guys are coming from. I'd just keep telling people to search the board when they ask a repetitive question if I were you guys.

http://www.geocities.com/sloan_3_24_74
post #6 of (permalink) Old 10-03-2001, 07:58 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Well I agree with the fact there are lots of simple repeat questions on the board. But you are not talking about a heavy mod zook board. What you need to start is a hybred board. If it is not all Zuk or even mostly zook it is a hybred and that is the list you want. That way you don't suck out all the experience and wisdom from this board.

Jason

"Where the land and my Zook meet, my spirit soars, my soul is alive, and my life has true meaning."
http://www.geocities.com/zuk_tonka/zuk.html
post #7 of (permalink) Old 10-03-2001, 09:26 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Quick question and my say.

Where would you draw the line ?

As our needs for the extreme grow more suppliers are developing new hardcore stuff to meet our demand. A few years ago 1/4 eliptic was serious stuff now today you can get it in a DIY kit. Same for coils.
What's extreme cutting edge today might be old hat tomorrow.
ie - my Rhinosaurus Rex

Talking of which. This is gonna sound selfish but - Cutting Edge - I've not posted anything else up for R.Rex 'cos I want to keep my ideas to myself until they're done so nobody gets out there early after copying them for half the price after I've done all the ground work and claims them as their own.

And now for the final declaration of war....
If you need help in building your extreme vehicle maybe you shouldn't be attempting it. The answer might be to suck it and see. After all who does Sonni Honneger talk to ?
Say you were to do something a certain way that some one else told you to do it and it fails big time ( possibly causing injury ) who do you blame ?

Joe

LJ160 Widened body - 1600cc, Sammi 5 Speed, 410 Tcase, 410 axles with 413 1/2 shafts, Custom long travel shafts, Mitsu PAS, Disc brakes all round, Wiilwood tandem master cylinder, 2" Bodylift, SPOA with anti wrap, Scakle revesal with 8" drop LA Supa Droopers, Rear 12" drop twister schakles, Ramsey winch, 33" MTs on Custom rims and all the other bits needed to make it work. Cover Feature truck 4X4 Offroad & 4 Wheel Drive Mag UK Feb 2001.

Evilution SJ439 - Top Secret Project

Rhinosaurus Rex II - Top Secret Project

post #8 of (permalink) Old 10-03-2001, 09:37 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

post #9 of (permalink) Old 10-03-2001, 10:00 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

ok, what a load of crap.... I suppose the people with the extreme Zuks started off just knowing what they were doing and nobody ever helped them do anything. The rest of us are just moron parasites who suck the life and info out of these mechanical geniuses and have no originality of our own. There are elitist lists out here already and they have very little message traffic. Some people have even gone to a mambers only web site where they have tons of info that they refuse to share with anyone but the lists members..sounds great doesn't it? Problem is, most of their info they took from a list somewhere and hoarded it to themselves. And when they don't have an answer to their question, they come here to ask us what to do...
My statement is this, if you want to be selfish with ideas, then do it, but don't come on here asking for help if you don't plan on offering some in return.
If you get tired of answering low tech questions, don't answer them..nowhere does it say you are required to open a message titled "where is the gas cap on my Zuk", but try to at least remember where youcame from. That newbie asking the question today may be the next Tim Hardy...just a thought...
R/T

88 Samurai, 1300 bored .020,Power Punch II head w/1600 exhaust valves,Low End AAPA cam,Weber,Calmini Header,2" Exhaust System,31/13.50/15 Baja Belted Radials

post #10 of (permalink) Old 10-03-2001, 10:16 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

it was just an idea!!!! and i went way out of my way not to step on toes. i would have still gone back and forthe between the boards and i always help anyone out. i just would like more info on topics of interest to me. if i can be polite about it, the rest of you should be too. i never slam others rigs or offer any reply unless it's constructive. i wish i could get the same in return from the " it's gotta be 100% suzuki to be a samurai " guys!!! any way, grow up.!!!!!!!!!! i have seen several posts that i thought were stupid and did not respond cause i did not want to ruin that guys post for the people that may be interested. lemme know. if it's not suzuki enough with the majority on this board to share info with, i'll gladly go somewhere else. but it's a shame to be shunned for working hard on you're rig and seeking some more advanced techniques to apply. i also built my last rig with support from this forum. thanks to all that helped, it turned out great.

87 sammy (RAIL BUGGY) PROJECT 50 % complete. isuzu/chevy luv motor, auto tranny, 2 t-cases nissan/zook 7.5:1,tube chassis,4link vw rabbit coils rear,36"tsl's, 1/2 ton GM axles welded.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode