Pocono Trail Fest 2001 - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-02-2001, 08:08 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Pocono Trail Fest 2001

Hey all I was at the Pocono Trail Fest and had a blast.

Here is a pic of me going up wompum (sp). Ill have more up as I scan them.

Over all the event was good, Ill probably go again. Me and several friends from NC drove/trailered up. My friend with his 96' hummer towed my zuke up. That was fun in it self.

The event was put on by Sports in the Rough I'm guessing about 140 rigs were there. Not too many zukes or kicks maybe 5-6.

The folks at Paragon were top notch, lots of great support people to handle breakage and "problems" Trail guides were great. Trails were NOT crowded.

I broke my clutch cable, them my spare was bum (didn't notice split caseing when packed it) I was able to buy one from the guy w/ OCC (making the NEW toy/kick adaptors) He has a really tricked out tracer/kick, running 33s and hitting all the hard stuff. Parts stores didn't have one but he had a kick clutch cable and other than being about 2" shorter is working great ! AND the design of the cable is better than the zuke, its more like an ebrake cable so the casing shouldn't split as easily...!! I was happy about that. Let see I kinked my muffler down spout tail pipe needed to hack that off. Lower alternator bolt vibrated off, put new ones on... no major damage. Waa way cool. Im still learning to drive this this, plus manual steering w/ front locker made thigs fun. With patience and a little finess was not too bad... and oh ya I meet a really great lady in town who I was fortunate enough to go out with while I was in town. (She thinks my zuke is cute)

My only complaints about the Sports in the Rough event would be....
1) Last years T-shirts !!!!! (We were charged $15 for a shirt that said 2000, and no one cared or would do anything about it.)
2) FOOD SUCKED, was ok at best, NOT edable a few times.

was still fun!
-mike

92' yazuki w/ custom radio knobs
01' 6'x12' trailer
01' F250 PSD/auto/Crew/LB
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 28-555396-wompum2.jpg (87.7 KB, 0 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-02-2001, 10:44 AM

Re: Pocono Trail Fest 2001

Glad to here you had a great time. I too broke a clutch cable at paragon back in may. Wildweasle saved my but. Are you gunna come back up in the spring to wheel at "Gon Zookin '02"? Hope to see ya there.
Oh by the way, The guy with the Tracker is Carey. He was at Gon Zukin 01. He is a great guy, Pretty neat set up he has too. Wish I could have made it to trailfest.

post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-02-2001, 12:28 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Hey! Ya, Carey thats him, he had the full deal going on, welders, plasma cutters etc... the big Ryder truck full of stuff... Nice guy ! Kool rig !

Ya I'll be back for sure. I was up for the 01' New Years run with my TJ. I took almost this whole year off from when i sold my TJ to when i was ready to wheel the zuke... I just got my rig somewhat functional and should be hitting more stuff in the next year.

Look forward to meeting you ! -mike

new pic attached

92' yazuki w/ custom radio knobs
01' 6'x12' trailer
01' F250 PSD/auto/Crew/LB
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 28-555602-wompum.jpg (55.5 KB, 0 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 10-02-2001, 01:59 PM

Hey Mike,
Like the pic. That was a pretty neat rock you are climbing. I have a pic of mine in the same spot.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 28-555682-GonZukin056W.jpg (16.3 KB, 0 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode