Help with hard top - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-30-2001, 09:04 PM Thread Starter

Help with hard top

I have a 2 peice hard top and would like some information. The two side windows on the back section are plastic and curve up on top just a little. The back window or hatch is glass and must be shut before closing the tailgate. The back section is also a little higher than the front. It covers the roll bar and butts up to the saddle part that runs across in front of the roll bar. the front is sort of a targa top. It is held in place by four clips and may be removed while the back section is still in place. My first question is, who makes this top? Second, how much weight will the back support? I would like to attach a rack to the top to carry some gear while camping, but do not want to dammage the top. HELP! I want to get a camping trip together in central Florida, now that the weather is cooling off. But, I need more storage space for my gear. I have a wife and two kids who love camping and fill up the inside. Thanks for any help you can give me.

True adventure is the journey, not the destination.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-30-2001, 10:01 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Help with hard top

sounds like what i have, enclosed pic of zuk with it.

mine is pretty sturdy while its on the zuk, but also my hook ups are SHOT! needin to fix that... but dont know where to start.

anyways, im pretty sure itll take at least 150 lbs while on the zuk. lil bro sat on it at a parade, it withstood him, but while offroading, and bumpin along, i wouldnt really know.

The front part is sturdy also.

does yours have like a wool type of cloth on the inside? mine does. feels weird hehe.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 28-554109-rear-front.jpg (57.2 KB, 1 views)
post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-30-2001, 10:12 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for responding. Mine does not cover the saddle like yours does and my side windows go up and wrap over the top a little. It does not have any lining, but apears to have a double wall top. It is held in place on the back by 6 bolts ( 3 on each side ).

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-30-2001, 11:04 PM
Keyboard Implanted

I have a one-piece unit and i wouldn't put anything heavy on it -- too much chance for a disaster!

Calmini has a softtop carrier (since you, like me, actually have a convertible) that would do the job. See their website at

http://www.puresuzuki.com/suzukimain.htm

Or, if you want instant gratification and you want it right now... rush right out in a buying frenzy to Harbor Freight (or someone similar) and get an el-cheapo 4' x 4' flatbed trailer to pack your stuff on (assuming you have a hitch -- take mine PLEASE!).

Ack

post #5 of (permalink) Old 10-01-2001, 12:26 AM Thread Starter

I am trying to keep from spending $300.00. I have a water proof box that I want to put up top.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode