Really Worth it?? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-30-2001, 08:29 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Really Worth it??

Well I have been plannin a v6 swap for some time now! I even got a donor vehicle lined up and a way to pay for it and everything...the only thing that worries me is...is it really worth all the work? I just found out after measurement and such that my sammy will in fact not fit on top of a bronco 2's chassis which would result it extreme weldin and such (which I do not even have a welder so I would have to use a friends!) plus I am just about to start driving in 2 weeks so my sammy will be toast while I will wanna be drivin it! If not then I do have a back up plan! I will just rebuild it around Christmas and do some performance and so forth but otherwise I will shoot for the ultimate! Iam all ears so I need some educated advice! [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]!

" Go Cheap n' Smooth or Forget about it!"

Thanx
Studly
92 Zuki/235's/header/cherry bomb exhaust/Still Building
72 fj40/crate 350/33's/discs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-30-2001, 08:44 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Re: Really Worth it??

educated advice huh? well, disregard anything i ever say then. based on what i know, your fixin to start driving. ya already got a stock (for the most part) zuk, even if it is 2wd. it runs drives and is in good shape from what i have gathered from your posts. convert it to 4wd and enjoy it. dont go n ruin a good zuk with v6's n other stuff ya dont need. convert to 4wd to start with, wheel it as is. you'd be suprised as to what ya can do. im gonna wheel a complete stocker next year at zukimelt if things work out as im thinking. and gonna make it a point to have bald a$$ tires. just to show what a stocker can do. convert it to 4wd, save up the dough, go spoa, save up dough, get t/c gears. thats the best way ya can go honestly based on what i know of your situation. use what ya got. no reason to jump head first into something thats going to be a heck of a project and not have necessary tools etc to do it. believe me, i used to do that. cost me tons of money in unfinished projects. not worth it. use what ya got to the best of your circumstances. 4wd it n enjoy it. if ya need more power, go buy half ton 4x4 with small block. dont trash a perfectly good zuk for it.
just my opinion dude.
BiLLy bOb

Do unto others as you want done to you!
If you pack it in, pack it out!
post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-30-2001, 08:47 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

if I gear it it will pull it right anyway right! dang I need to get ahold of Zukiguy and ask for my free front axle back then! I guesse I will wait on the v6 idea until I can do the work myself and not rely on other people!

Thanx
Studly
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-30-2001, 08:50 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

well billy, how old are you? i think i remember from somewhere that we were about the same age? if so, i know what your goin through, i too am on the voyage for more POWER, guess most of the guys on here have just gotten used to it? but as a highschooler about to turn 16 (in 2 weeks [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img] ) i want more power. not that i dont like my 1.3, just... I DUNNO, its something about MORE POWER that makes you feel better hhaha

anyways, i am wanting to do a swap, maybe with a bronco2, or s10, seem to be easiest to find. but i think my dream swap would be a toy 22re. would really surprise those rice grinders at the school parking lot lol! but it would be a major increase over a 1.3.

well, if im wrong about your age... then Nevermind what i just wrote.. LOL

ps, i just read what BB wrote, i think hes absolutely right! just enjoy it as a stocker while you wait on the money... thx BB

post #5 of (permalink) Old 09-30-2001, 08:58 PM
Keyboard Implanted

dude, if its geared right, youd be suprised what it will do. when i had my 4:62 axle gears in mine, with my grsII t/c, i had to drive it 175 miles home in april cause my tow rig layed down on me in NC. i loaded zuk to gills with necessaries that needed to come on home with me. rear was squatted 5 inches. i was cutting my own wind on the interstate at 80 mph much of the way dude. i have owned over 300 vehicles in my life already, currently own 150+, samurae and tatzook can tell ya what my place is like, tim porter can too. lots of stuff here. ya can take it for what its worth, but if it were me, id leave it alone, enjoy it as is, gear it, spoa it etc as time n $$$$ allow.
BiLLy bOb

post #6 of (permalink) Old 09-30-2001, 09:07 PM

Louie........You were cutting your own wind???? Sorry it just sounded funny.

post #7 of (permalink) Old 09-30-2001, 09:11 PM
Keyboard Implanted

HAHAHAHAHA, your bad man....
BiLLy bOb

post #8 of (permalink) Old 09-30-2001, 10:22 PM

I too agree with BB, go SPOA and regear as you can afford it. A geared Zuk will run with v-8 Jeeps on the trail easy. Ran with 2 Jeeps at BMRA in my 87' , a CJ5-302/4spd/D60's with 4.88's locked and a CJ7- 350/4spd. Ran the same trails, 3 and 4 diamond trails. Only once did the CJ 5 out do me, I think that was due to a more experienced driver. Point being the 1.3 hung in there just fine, impressed the hell out of the Jeepers too. Plus I ran all weekend on 1 tank of gas vs carry 5 gallon cans everywhere i went.

87 Zuk- 5.12's locked up,hybrid rear,4.16's,P/S.,Toy. carb.,DT header, 33's, 2" ex., Durabak
87 Zuki- 22r/auto,4.62's, locked rear,locker front, Toy P/S,stretched W.B., 33's
post #9 of (permalink) Old 10-01-2001, 08:33 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

thanx for the help guys oh and zukigoot I am 16 and understand what you are tryin to say along with everyone else...I will just build up with what I have got now and let the extreme stuff take its place further along! [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]!!

Thanx
Studly
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode