VW Springs - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-29-2001, 11:33 PM
monty

VW Springs

Hello
I read a few posts a while back about using VW rear springs on the sammy . Can the guys that have done this answer a quick question , Whats the spring length once installed and are they front or back ( not that it seems to matter , my zuk is heavyier in the rear ) . Trying to find out how soft ( or hard ) they are before I get a set ( tomorrow ). They are going on the front of a friends 410 with toyota axles . If it goes ok I will do the front and rear of mine with something simmilar .
Thanks
Monty

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-02-2001, 10:14 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: VW Springs

The guy I know who did this is no longer into Samurais. The main problem with it was that the springs were too soft. I drove it around a bit and it felt like it was going to tip over making a slow u-turn on a city street. It was really bad on off-camber hills. Flexed really well, but I would advise against using the VW springs since they're just way too low of a spring rate.

http://www.rocky-road.com
post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-02-2001, 10:24 AM

Read up on the post of mine "Spawn of BillTooley" There are a bunch of pics of the VW coils he mounted under the rear of his rail-buggy, and he's got some comments on size and flex and whatnaught.

http://bbs.off-road.com/wwwthreads//...collapsed&sb=5

Pillard

[email protected]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 10-02-2001, 10:30 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

yeah ! what ppillard said. they are 14" WITH NO WEIGHT. and they are 12" MOUNTED ON MY BUGGY. BUT IT IS LIGHT. they are perfect for my application but they are soft!!! if you're a litle heavier i would recommend aerostar coils (rear). the vw's are also (rear)

87 sammy (RAIL BUGGY) PROJECT 50 % complete. isuzu/chevy luv motor, auto tranny, 2 t-cases nissan/zook 7.5:1,tube chassis,4link vw rabbit coils rear,36"tsl's, 1/2 ton GM axles welded.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode