HOw to check float on 88 Zuke - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-29-2001, 01:28 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

HOw to check float on 88 Zuke

1988 Samurai

I have just found out that the float level is way too high. The gas line appears at the top of the float window on the front of the carb. I would like to adjust it but I don't know how and the instructions aren't helping. The instructions I have are.
1) Remove the air horn and invert it (Where is the air horn?)
2) Measure the distance between the float and the gasketed surface of the air horn. The measured distance is float level, and it should be the specification. If the float level is out of specification, adjust it by bending the tongue up or down. (Where is the Tongue?)

Attached is a pic of the Float window

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 28-553048-carb2.jpg (81.0 KB, 2 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-29-2001, 03:31 PM

Re: HOw to check float on 88 Zuke

The air horn is the top of the carb. You measure from the top of the carb to the top of the float. The arm you bend is the little "tab" that stops the float from rising up any farther.

[email protected]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-29-2001, 11:33 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

measure before you start to bent anything, something to go buy if you think you went too far. It took myself two tries to get a good level.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-30-2001, 11:16 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I was wondering if anyone could be more specific when telling me how to adjust the float. "The air horn is at the top of the carb" really doesn't tell me what, or where it is. Could someone be as descriptive as possible when explaining it to me. I would like to get this accomplished soon.

Thanks again for all your efforts

Take care

post #5 of (permalink) Old 10-01-2001, 08:37 AM
weirdwillie

Adjusting the float on the stock carb basically requires tearing apart the carb. I adjusted my float during a carb rebuild. Instructions were provided with the carb rebuild kit. If I recall correctly, they were similar to the instruction found in the Haynes and/or Chilton manuals. I would suggest getting my hands on one of these instruction sets since they go into the float adjustment in good detail (including correct float height adjustment).

I think you may be able to take the air horn off without removing the whole carb, but it is probably just as easy removing the whole thing so you can clean things out while you're at it. The carb consists of 3 pieces. The air horn holds the choke flap and fuel inlet fitting. The middle piece holds the jets and fuel bowl (including the fuel level window you mentioned). The bottom piece holds the throttle plates. The air horn is held onto the carb by several screws.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode