SPOA . search didnt help. - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-28-2001, 10:15 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

SPOA . search didnt help.

i cant find a post about the SPOA cause the search button doesnt work to good when i type that in.

i have 3 sani;s total. 2 lifted and a project.
i have an 88 thats stock right now. im gonna spool the rear, EZ lock the front, SPOA, cut the fenders and exo cage.

it will be going to the badlands when i finish with it,
i take my bronco down there now.
now my question. what do i need with a SPOA? could you please make a list for me.

it will be on 33's donated from bronco when i go to 36 swampers.
thanks for your help, and ive seen some of you guys at the badlands.

who needs a top? its just raining!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-28-2001, 10:19 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: SPOA . search didnt help.

lets see here!

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] good perches (heard good things about breeze industries! or make your own outta square tubin!)
[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img] extended brake lines(you can couple 2 stock lines together!)
[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img] steerin correction (z-link is most popular now!)
[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/blush.gif[/img] and of course longer shocks
I do not believe I left anything out but if I did then somebody please correct me!

" Go Cheap n' Smooth or Forget about it!"

Thanx
Studly
92 Zuki/235's/header/cherry bomb exhaust/Still Building
72 fj40/crate 350/33's/discs
post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-28-2001, 10:26 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

what about my driveshafts? are they gonna be okay?
thanks for your help.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-28-2001, 11:29 PM

Save yourself some time and headaches and get a SPOA kit from one of the vendors. Or at least look at their websites to see
what hardware is needed. Checkout Petroworks,Trail Tough,Calmini,Rocky Road etc for ideas.

rollerskate
(That's what I was told my Samurai resembles)[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/mad.gif[/img]
post #5 of (permalink) Old 09-28-2001, 11:54 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

matters how much lift you are gonna do with your SPOA lift! they have 5.5" lifts but I have never heard of people needin longer d'shafts! now if you decided to use lift blocks (which I have heard is a big NO NO) then you would probably need some spacers or something but with just a basic 4.5-5.5" lift I believe you would be alright! Yah you can pay for kits or you can go the cheap way and fab most of the parts which I have heard of people doin it for like 12 bucks this way!!

Thanx
Studly
post #6 of (permalink) Old 09-29-2001, 06:01 AM
Keyboard Implanted

If you are going with 33's and SPOA, and want to flex great over some rocks and stuff, then go SPOA, rear Suzuki springs up front, and CJ front springs in the Rear of the Zuk with some Missing links. Add a 1-2" body lift for some extra clearance and you'll be good to go. You can get a Rear up front kit from Rocky-Road Outiffers, the kit is very good, and makes your Zuk ride great, on and off road. Check out his web-page for more info, here it is...
http://www.rocky-road.com/zuksus.html
And you could add some Missing Link shackles to the lift to better your flex, check out this page http://www.rocky-road.com/zuklink.html
That is what I'm working on now.
The Drive shafts will need to be extended or install some drive shaft spacers. The other thing that needs to be addressed is the brake lines, I went to the junk yard and got some Honda Civic front brake lines and thay work well, and for the rear I put two rear zuk lines together and haven't had a problem with them. For Shocks I went to Auto Zone and got the Red Rider shocks, they are Okay. The shock mounts for the front are Ford shock towers, can't remember the part number (do a search and you should find them or ask here) and the rear shock mounts are custom made.
Check out my web-page for what the rear up front can do as far as flexing. I have 16x35" Boggers on my Zuk and it flex's well, for now!
http://www.geocities.com/brianconrad1/suspension.htm

-Brian

ULTIMATE ZUK
http://www.geocities.com/brianconrad1/
post #7 of (permalink) Old 09-29-2001, 08:54 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

how much does that kit cost, thise zuk is going to be made as cheap as possible, cause all funds go to fixing bronco. this will never be on the street so not ocncerned about ride.

post #8 of (permalink) Old 09-29-2001, 10:58 AM
Keyboard Implanted

Well if you would of clicked on the links that I posted then you would be able to find out. The Rear up front kit is around $55. That is about the cheapest/best kit that you can do for your Zuk. As far as going SPOA, you can make your own for less then $10. I went to the steel shop and got all the steel I needed for $5. If you took a look at my Zuk, I think I've only spent around $800.00 for EVERYTHING on my Zuk. And that is very cheap if you ask me! Most of that was in the front bumper alone! Later

-Brian

ULTIMATE ZUK
post #9 of (permalink) Old 09-29-2001, 02:28 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

dang Zuk jr. 800 smackers for a zuk like yours deserves some kinda record in my book! hold up is that with or without the meats cause do seem to rack up the price line!

Thanx
Studly
post #10 of (permalink) Old 09-29-2001, 04:31 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Hey Studlybilly, I got the 35" Boggers for FREE! YES, FREE! I gave my old 36" TLS's away for the 16x35" Boggers that I have now. The old 36's only cost me $100 for them. I got them off a good friend, and he went with 38's!
Yep, I could ask the wife how much I've spent, I'm sure she knows it to the penny! [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Like I said before, the front bumper is the most I've spent on the Zuk! Now, if you want to talk about my other project, that has gone over $800, easy! Later

-Brian

ULTIMATE ZUK
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode