no low -part two - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-27-2001, 06:50 PM
pook

no low -part two

well i changed the mounts and t-case arms, and still no four low. shifter goes all the way forward and still the gears just touch but will not engage,just a grinding noise and the shift lever poping back...any ideas ??? i'm going to jump into it this weekend and see if something broke inside the t-case its self...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-27-2001, 06:55 PM
I Do This For The Glory

Re: no low -part two

Sounds EXACTLY like what happened after I put the body lift on.

I had to notch out the shifter well and turn the boot 90 degrees to get it to stay in gear.

I know it's not the same, I was just relaying that mine used to do the same thing.

JEEPN
Winter Harbor, Maine
'81 CJ-8 Scrambled, It's a Jeep, Chevy, IHC kinda thing!
'88.5 Zuki, 7" Lift, Locked, Swamped, Rolled, and just generally broken in right!
post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-27-2001, 10:55 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Yea, I ask you if you had a body lift last time you posted this. Did you ever reply? Sorry If I missed it. But a body lidt will do this every time and you have to cut back the body a bit to clear the shifter handle.

"Where the land and my Zook meet, my spirit soars, my soul is alive, and my life has true meaning."
http://www.geocities.com/zuk_tonka/zuk.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-27-2001, 11:55 PM

If the shift lever isn't hitting the body than the next easy thing to check would be the "sheet", a plastic ring that resides in the
T-case under the shift lever.If this isn't the problem than you're going to have to open up the transfercase.I'm guessing the pin
that holds the shift fork on it's shaft might have sheared or maybe the front output coupler is destroyed.Good luck.

rollerskate
(That's what I was told my Samurai resembles)[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/mad.gif[/img]
post #5 of (permalink) Old 09-28-2001, 12:29 AM
pook

ok its late so this is gonna be short. well yes there is a body lift,and seems thats what the problem is.
i did cut out the shifter hole and the shifter was not making contact,but..... in my little weekend romp in the woods it seems that perhaps i may have been jumping a little too much.. the body lift seems to have shifted backward might have been the last tree??? but a few of the bolts left holding on the body,and i do mean few, were loose and the rest were missing .going to go over the whole thing this weekend tighten and replace bolts with some high grade bolts and nylock nuts....
thanks to all who answered, i feel alittle dumb right now i should have known enough to do it right the first time
thanks once again.
pook

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode