mikuni carbs - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-27-2001, 04:02 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

mikuni carbs

o.k., i found the name of the "other" carb that Zuk guys have been talking about, however, the only ones i can find look like they're made for ATVs and bikes?!?!!? do you know of any that will fit the Zuk, and will it outperform the stocker? how much work is involved with fitting it to my 88.5 Zuk?

NastyPimp
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-27-2001, 04:09 PM

Re: mikuni carbs

Mikuni is who makes the fuel injection system for Samurai's as well. Carbs that are made for ATV and snowmobiles won't have an accelerator pump. This translates into driveability problems, as there would be a huge flat spot while the throttles are open, and there are huge amounts of air, and no fuel available. Would this run, I dunno.

[email protected]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-27-2001, 04:24 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

o.k., so where can i get info on the F.I. model for Zuk?

NastyPimp
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-27-2001, 04:30 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Boy, oh boy,
There are so many options you can go with. You can try to find a late model zuk that already has FI and swap it in. You can modify a GM FI to fit. You can swap in a 1.6 ltr with FI. You can buy a pony carb, corolla carb, Niki carb, weber carb, and I am sure there are a few more. None of this is going to give you any real performance difference that I have heard of. Some set up are good for up hill and some for down hill. Some give low wnd and some high end. What are you looking for?

"Where the land and my Zook meet, my spirit soars, my soul is alive, and my life has true meaning."
http://www.geocities.com/zuk_tonka/zuk.html
post #5 of (permalink) Old 09-27-2001, 04:32 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

just some more low end, and not so much stalling uphills...but i don't want to 180 the weber and stall going downhill either...i think i'm actually leaning toward exhaust work first...still deciding...

NastyPimp
post #6 of (permalink) Old 09-27-2001, 05:15 PM

The factory FI is great. With gears I can idle up and down anything. Even runs on its side[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

[email protected]
post #7 of (permalink) Old 09-27-2001, 09:34 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Mikuni made side drafts, I believe, which are very similar to Weber Side Drafts. There was one other Italian company, Dellorto that also made side drafts that fit the Samurai. You get 2 carbs, so one throttle bore per cylinder. When tuned well, they roar pretty good! And I understand they do well at angles too. Not like the down draft weber that is much more common. The draw back is the money. The sidedrafts are twice the price of a down draft, Ofcourse you do get 2 carbs! And much more power!
I think Samurai's were factory fuel injected as of '89 or '90. And I know Turbo City has a bolt on closed loop FI system for the Samurai, but it was 1200 bucks when I looked into it. That was a little steep for me.
Hope this helps

Andy Feingold
88.5 Samurai, SPOA,Rancho springs, Rocklobster, full cage, Schroth Harness belts, EZ locker, 32x10.50 Swampers, on board air, Weber, header etc...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode