might have to bail on zookin2k+1 - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-27-2001, 11:14 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

might have to bail on zookin2k+1

I am very very very bummed right now. Fired up the little stocker and am seeing bright green stuff dripping from just under the header, between cyl 3 and 4 (with #1 being closest to firewall)right at the header bolt. I'm assuming this is a blown head gasket, which would mean a much greater problem(warped head??) I got a mirror out and looked beneath the bolt and the header bolt has protruded through the actual casting!! You can see the threads of the bolt! Fortunately, the bolt is still secure, and I am able to remove the nut. This is a big ouch. So great gurus, which is this- a MAJOR problem like I expect or is it something less, that ol Mr JB Weld would fix. Obviously I dont want to "mend" one problem only to result in a much greater problem(i.e. Hydrolock!)
Opinions, thoughts? If it is something with the head- how involved is it to remove? Should I consider a new engine instead of the hassle?
Damn im p.o'd right now and sad I about this w/e.
db

dbenj
88.5 zook, mini mudders, 2"shackles,Thorley Header,K&N,Pony Carb,GM Alt,custom ski bumper,yankee off road hood latches.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-27-2001, 12:37 PM
I Do This For The Glory

Re: might have to bail on zookin2k+1

That's the reason I've been working on minor mods, and not touching anything important. If I don't see it, it doesn't exist and I can still wheel the Zuk with a clear conscience.

I know I need to adjust the carb, it idles high coming down hills, but I don't want to screw it up for this weekend so I haven't touched it.

JEEPN
Winter Harbor, Maine
'81 CJ-8 Scrambled, It's a Jeep, Chevy, IHC kinda thing!
'88.5 Zuki, 7" Lift, Locked, Swamped, Rolled, and just generally broken in right!
post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-27-2001, 01:30 PM

Dean, with all the money you gave for the dinner, you should at least come out and eat! Grab a seat with another sammi theres always room. I just let dannyl drive one of mine, but im sure there is an open seat that someone has. shove a bolt in that hole, tighten it up and come out and we shall look at it there.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-27-2001, 03:09 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

max - i seriously thought of that- especially knowing that the Louds are cookin. But- i just rec'd the returned check from Tim!! I wanted to have that go towrds the fund but i guess it got returned before he saw my note. Oh well. More importantly- any ideas on head work? Any leads on a nice engine Max? And when is the next wrenchin get together?
ugh.

dbenj
88.5 zook, mini mudders, 2"shackles,Thorley Header,K&N,Pony Carb,GM Alt,custom ski bumper,yankee off road hood latches.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 09-27-2001, 11:37 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Hey guys.

I totally beat. Been trying to do too many things in too short of a time. When I finally dropped (30 mins ago), I wouldn't have got up there before the gate closed.

So I'm on my way bright and early. Sleepy now.

Dean - Wanna ride with me? I have no one as of yet, since DannyL whored up to Max for a ride of his own![img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]. You can drive some if ya want.

Ugh, must sleep. Bed time for Timmy.

<font color=blue>Yankee Tim</font color=blue>[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
post #6 of (permalink) Old 09-28-2001, 12:41 AM

Yeah i pimp the canadians ya know

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode