crowhorse - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-25-2001, 10:00 PM Thread Starter

crowhorse

what did you do with BillyBob , did they keep him up there afread to let it go south again LOL
TW

Home Pagehttp://home.talkcity.com/SparkplugSt/trailwalker1/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-25-2001, 10:50 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Re: crowhorse

BB took NY by storm! It was a pleasure having him here and he gave me heaps of ideas!

All Good Medicine,
Crow

Creator, everything we do leaves a track. May our tracks be ones we would want you to see and others to follow......

post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-26-2001, 09:28 AM
Keyboard Implanted

HAHAHAHA, your bad trail. i made it home finally. got 82 dodge 4x4 off ebay for $191.50, dad bought a 64 pontiac gran prix on the eastern tip of Long Island. when he flew back from europe, he arrived at JFK airport so he could drive the car home. after my plans had changed to go to NYC this weekend, i seen the dodge on ebay. well, why not????? got it. carshed at Robs friday nite, thanks for the hospitality rob n melissa. hows the kitties doing? saturday loaded the dodge up and headed to crowhorses. crow, thanks for the bed and wonderful hospitality. gotta copy that tranny mount when i get feeling better man. sunday after running around the airport for over a hour trying to find where i was supposed to be and other confusions happening while i was there, i finally got my ol man and we headed out. monday morning, we went to the car, hammered off the rear brake line, fixed the tail lights and took off. 100 miles down the road, the tranny crossmember comes loose from the frame on the pass side. rust took care of the frame years ago looks like. sooo we drove it on out of the heart of the citys we were in and around. then noticed my trailer acting funny. well, got to a exit to try to patch the car and as i turn a corner, ZOOOOOOOOMMMMMM, there went a dam wheel n tire off the trailer. dont know why, makes 3rd time i have lost tire n rim off that hub. well, find auto parts house open. they direct us to trailer place. buy some rachet straps at auto parts, go strap up crossmember on car. hooked on tranny mount, wraped all the way up around the door and back down to the tranny mount again. stick a pair of sweat pants on top of the strap to help protect the strap from sharp edges and lift it up a little bit more. off to trailer shop. get there, get 2 new hubs with bearings n head back. get back, wrong dam lug pattern, off to the boat shop again. he gave me 4 3/4 lug pattern hubs when i needed 5 on 5 lug pattern hubs. well, he says 5 on 5 pattern are HARD to get, he hadnt had them in 8 months. asked him if he had some 5.5 on 5 lug hubs. he did, so now im running 1 5.5 on 5 samurai wheel on the trailer and the other 3 are 4 3/4 on 5 large lug chevy wheels. oh well, got home. hit the road, got a hotel then came on home yesterday with nooo problems.
Rob, Melissa and Crowhorse, thanks for the hospitality. was great to see yall again....
BiLLy bOb

Do unto others as you want done to you!
If you pack it in, pack it out!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-26-2001, 04:45 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

BB,
Melissa has a home for 2 of the kitties and I was ready to go out looking for you. Damn son you sure know how to tear up the riggin' on that trailer don't you??? Glad you made it home in sorta one piece(s)?!?!? See ya soon at ZUWHARRIE!!
ROB,MELISSA AND THE CHEWMAN

post #5 of (permalink) Old 09-26-2001, 05:05 PM
Keyboard Implanted

It was an absolute pleasure having you here. I'm glad you got home safe and that you you took that spare sami wheel/tire I had kickin' around. Funny how things work out....
Don't forget to call the MD.......

All Good Medicine,
Crow

Creator, everything we do leaves a track. May our tracks be ones we would want you to see and others to follow......

post #6 of (permalink) Old 09-26-2001, 09:34 PM
Keyboard Implanted

rob, dont go n fret over me like that man. it'll make yer blood pressure go up. the chewman will pick up on emotions like that. that will tear him up, then the fish n birds. dont fret man, ill be fine. ended up takin I78 over to I81 all the way back down instead of comin yer way. shoot, i wasnt 30 miles from park ridge when i had probs with car n trailer. didnt get going again till after 5pm. dummy me fergot the tags n insurance from dads 64 gran prix he has here, were going to slap em on the 64 he bought so it looked legit. luckly, it already has histarical whoops, meant historical tags on it. NY tags to beat it all. no expiration date on plate. car looks great, so we just drive it. just stayed off toll ways so if we had probs, we didnt have to leave it on the side of toll road. much simpler on interstate, can tow it to next exit. no cameras to deal with at toll boths etc etc etc....... lookin forward to zuwharrie. hopefully i will have my kidneys straightened out. by the time i got home yesterday, the swelling was ridiculous man. made friday night look like toothpicks. couldnt bend my knees. didnt eat a thing after leaving your place accept for dinner n breakfast with crow horse, and a burger from buger fling monday nite after getting car n trailer fixed. really gettin worried, goin to doc tomorrow. already canceled on tellico this weekend, beleive me, doing everything possible to be ok health wise to still be able to attend zuwharrie. but if things dont improve, i will have to miss it much as i dont want to. believe me, doin everything i can do.

crowhorse, dude, if you hadnt given me that tire n wheel, id prolly been down a smelly creek trying to go upstream with no paddle man. thanks a million.... already called doc, goin in tomorrow. thanks for reminding me man...
BiLLy bOb

Do unto others as you want done to you!
If you pack it in, pack it out!
post #7 of (permalink) Old 09-27-2001, 03:19 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Funny how we are directed to do things without really knowing why. It's important to pay attention and listen to those voices...... I'm glad it was of help to you.....

All Good Medicine,
Crow

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode