Heater & Heater core Interchangeability ?? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-25-2001, 07:30 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

Heater & Heater core Interchangeability ??

My heater core developed a small leak in my 87 Sami. Will the heater and core from an 88 1/2 swap in? Has anyone ever used a heater core from Auto Zone? They want $52 for a new one which seems pretty cheap compared to the other prices I've found ($140-$199). Maybe I can get away with using the whole heater assembly from my 88 1/2....
Bugger!

All Good Medicine,
Crow

Creator, everything we do leaves a track. May our tracks be ones we would want you to see and others to follow......

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-25-2001, 08:04 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Heater & Heater core Interchangeability ??

I can't help you there, but you might want to do a pressure test on the heater before, installing it. I put a new heater in a K5 that I had, and the new one leaked just as bad as the old one. $52 doesn't sound bad

post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-25-2001, 09:04 PM
MRLoneWolfe

Crow, the heater cores are the same,and what a job too!!!!I took one out of a parts truck to put in mine.Make sure you have the right torques head for the steering column bolts.you have to remove the cross brace to get it in and out easy....Good luck.BTW 52 bucks and warranteed why not?I got a quote this spring from a local parts house for 84.99.

88 Sam I AM(AKA-THROTTLE MONGER)- 1.3+.030,cam,462gears,locked,5in Calmini,2"body
31-10.50's.Yankee-offroad-Hood latches,Bumpers,Rails and armour,Tracker seats.................ECT.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-25-2001, 09:11 PM
Pooh-Bah

ACK Crow, I'm sorry, I actually saw some green yesterday from it while talking to you and wanted to point it out but we went thru a lot of topics, I just forgot.
Sorry about that

I do have an 88.5 core and am driving back to the Island again next late sat night and will be around sunday for a few hours before I leave again if U want it.

DougO

88.5 Sami with 35" Goodyear MT/R's
89 Sidekick "my lil rust bucket" with 3 - 235/75-15 Goodyear MT's anyone got a pair for sale?!
ICQ 52576971
post #5 of (permalink) Old 09-25-2001, 10:04 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

Thanks guys... In pulled one from my parts zook and while there I kept gutting it. Parts heaven....
I pulled the heater apart and I'm not too pleased with the core's condition. Being that it is so labor intensive., I really don't want to take a chance. I'll surf the web to see if they can beat $52. In the meantime, I'll try some of stop leak elixur to quell the leak. It's no small task to remove everything. I'm glad this happened now and not in the dead of winter.....so I guess I'm real lucky!

All Good Medicine,
Crow

Creator, everything we do leaves a track. May our tracks be ones we would want you to see and others to follow......

post #6 of (permalink) Old 09-28-2001, 09:39 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

Matt, I was able to remove and install the heater/core without removing the dash or dropping the steering column. It was a VERY tight squeeze, but doable. As luck would have it, one of the column bolts wouldn't budge so I opted to try without dropping it. The cross brace came out without to much effort. Man, it is some job. I feel like I've been worked over by a heavy weight. Glad it's done now.

All Good Medicine,
Crow

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode