carb info - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-25-2001, 05:05 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

carb info

i read lots about the Weber Carb. conversion and how it floods when going uphill...i've experienced similar w/my stock carb from time to time, the float sticks(?) after hitting bumps on mild to steep upgrades.. i'm wondering how the other brand of after market carb is and where to get it? I've only recently heard of it on this board and can't seem to find info on it. Does it increase H.P., and does it act like the Weber when going uphills? Any info would be GREATLY appreciated! Thanks guys...

NastyPimp
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-25-2001, 05:13 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: carb info

id like some info on the "pony" carb... what is it from?

~GooT~

post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-25-2001, 05:38 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

it's a junkyard salvage that needs to be "custom" fitted to your Zuk w/ a Dremel type grinder...it's from some Canadian car(not Canadian made) but it's not the other carb i'm asking about...

NastyPimp
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-26-2001, 07:08 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

hey guys what is the name of the other aftermarket carb for Sammis, not the "Pony", and not the weber, i think it's a Mizuno or something like that?!?!?and where can i get info on it?

NastyPimp
post #5 of (permalink) Old 09-26-2001, 08:26 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Hi guy's do a search on pony carb on this board to find other posts. word of warning they are getting hard to come by they have not been made since the 70's. you might want to try one from 78 toyota corolla 1.2 motor new from autozone about 150$. hope this helps BILL

post #6 of (permalink) Old 09-26-2001, 10:26 PM

here is a link on the Nikki carb install
http://www.izook.com/tech/nikkicarb/nikkicarb.htm

87 Samurai- 5.12's locked up,4340 front,hybrid rear,4.16's,P/S.,Toy. carb.,DT header, 33's, 2" exhaust and Durabak inside and out.
92 Samurai- Its next!!!

Zookin- a family affair
post #7 of (permalink) Old 09-27-2001, 06:58 AM
Keyboard Implanted

you are looking for Mikuni carbs. they have allways been top notch for dirt bikes.
Pony install - they are from a hyundi pony car- Canadian only. the only thing that needs a mototool is the
spacer gasket (Plastic) so the throttle opens correctly. any other port matching is not really needed.
(At least I didn't notice a differance.) They are an install and drive carb as long as you clean it up and rebuild it. Mine passed Mass emissions (Rolling dyno) and I have had no problems. I used a fuel regulator off-road. (1/2 psi for steep downhills) Works very well. The Nikki carbs are supposed to be easy to use.

Glenn
87' Zook Spoa,M/L 33's, 4.16 tcase,4.62 gears Camo,Header,2"exhuast, Cam.
Lockers, 8klb winch, -Wildweasel2 NE4WI- club http://www.cs.umass.edu/~glenn/personal.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode