I drove a New Zuk in Kuwait! - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-25-2001, 11:44 AM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

I drove a New Zuk in Kuwait!

YES, here in Kuwait they have the New Samurai's! I was at the store on the Kuwaiti side of the base and seen a stock Samurai pull up. I had to talk to the Kuwaiti guys! I'm glad they spoke a little bit of english, I told them all about my Samurai and showed them pic's of it too. (I have a book-bag that I have with me all the time and I had some pic's of my Zuk in there.) They seen the pic's and they couldn't believe that you can do that to a Samurai! They asked if I wanted to drive it around the block and I couldn't pass up that offer. It had the 1.9 diesel engine and the front grill had the turn sigs next to the head lights. It was very different then the stock 1.3L engine that I have in my zuk, even in its stock form! It was cool to drive a new Samurai, it kinda looks the same, but there are lots of little things that I liked about it that I wouldn't mind having on my Zuk! I only wish that I had my camera with me at the time, he said he is always around and if I see him again that he would let me take a pic of his truck! It was fun! And later that night, I have a few friends that are Pararescue guys (kinda like the Navy Seals for the Air Force) and they let me drive the Hummer off road in the sand around tent city! The Hummer that they had was a piece of crap, but it was still very fun to drive in the sand! And I did take some pic's of that! I'll post when I get back in the states! Talk to ya later guys!

-Brian

ULTIMATE ZUK
http://www.geocities.com/brianconrad1/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-25-2001, 11:54 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: I drove a New Zuk in Kuwait!

brian, gotta get some picks of that. at night, disassemble it, pack it in your bookbag, and bring it back over to the states with ya.

build it, break it, then build it better.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-25-2001, 12:23 PM
Can't Get Enough

Sounds cool! You get to see things over there that most of us never will - including new Sami's! [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Go easy on the Hummers - they can't take the abuse like your Zuke can. [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
Hope you have a safe return.

Scott Trester - '88.5 Suzuki Samurai
http://RockPile4x4.tripod.com/Scott.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-25-2001, 12:26 PM

You should check into bringing one back with you.
If they can do it with the Beemers & Mercedes, why not a Samurai?

OILBURNER [email protected]
post #5 of (permalink) Old 09-25-2001, 02:44 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

I asked one of the guys here if I could and he said that I can but have to get the damn safty glass put in it and all the US specs crap on it too! Don't know what that would cost to ship one over, but I'm sure all the extra money I'm making over here would be a nice down payment on one! Now, if I can just get the "OKAY" from the wife, yeah right! I'll see if I can get a pic of it, the guy said he is there all the time! Talk to ya later

-Brian

ULTIMATE ZUK
post #6 of (permalink) Old 09-25-2001, 05:27 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

Just thought I would share some pic's with ya from the Middle East! The 7th dude from the right standing is me! I know you can't see me, but it is me! The Bombed out building is what the USA did when Iraq was here trying to take over Kuwait yrs ago! Enjoy Later

-Brian

ULTIMATE ZUK
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 28-549917-firedept1.jpg (38.9 KB, 2 views)
post #7 of (permalink) Old 09-25-2001, 05:38 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

And a camel for ya...

-Brian

ULTIMATE ZUK
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 28-549926-Roadcamel.jpg (37.6 KB, 1 views)
post #8 of (permalink) Old 09-26-2001, 07:34 AM
Addict

Zuk Jr,
I've already looked into importing a vehicle back to the states. The vehicle has to be 25 years or older to pass through all of the regulatory agencies.

It sounds like the Samurai you drove is the latest version of the leaf sprung Samurai. It is built in Spain. They sell them here in Germany also. I'd love to buy a LWB version (they are about $10k new) but I could never get it back to the US. No air bags, emissions etc. It would have to meet the same standards of a US vehicle of the same year. A 2000 model must meet the 2000 US standards.

That severely limits what vehicles you can take back. Most stuff here in Germany rusts out within 15 years. I did find a 1956 Beetle though and I'm taking it back.

1988.5 Zuk: OD Green Paint, ARB Bumper, OME Lift, 1.6 engine, ISKY DP Cam, Weber Carb, CF II Clutch, 4.16 Transfer, 30" tires, etc.
post #9 of (permalink) Old 09-26-2001, 08:45 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Man, you guys need to rethink your work outfits! You all look the same! How about some COLOR in there - what're you a middle eastern sand gang? I bet you all cut your hair the same, too!!! *LOL* Thanks for being there, man! We support you 110%!

Bob
USAF F-111 Avionics toad - 75-79 "If your wings don't sweep, you ain't sh!*"

95 'Kick 4 Door - Calmini header & exhaust = mo' power! YES!!!
post #10 of (permalink) Old 09-26-2001, 09:34 AM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

GI, I didn't know that! That sucks, means that I can't even bring back a Zuk, and if I could it would cost way too much! Ahhh, that is about the only thing that I can't stand about the US!
BOB, Yeah we are all thinking about some purple and pink outfits, what do you think about that? But, I think I'll stick to the DCU's that we have on, they are kinda cool! Thanks for the support, we all need it! Later

-Brian

ULTIMATE ZUK
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode