Flat Fender bodied Samurai with V6 - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-23-2001, 10:01 PM
ronin

Flat Fender bodied Samurai with V6

I just picked up this months issue of 4WD & Sport Utility magazine and was extremely suprised when I saw the article about Suzuki Lightning Conversions Flat Fender bodied Samurai. It looks kinda cool and comes with a Chevy V6! The article makes it sound like they are working on a kit for the general public.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-24-2001, 06:28 AM
WSB

Re: Flat Fender bodied Samurai with V6

Yeah, I saw that too. I am not really impressed by it. I mean the only things Suzuki are the steering column, axles and the frame. With the 35's on it and any kind of wheeling it is going destroy Birfeilds. Plus did you see the photo on page 38? The thing looks like is going to flop over on its side. You would think that with those sway-away coilovers that it would articulate better than it is!

Wayne

post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-24-2001, 07:48 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I think it was a good idea gone bad. I mean who would do all that mad and work then keep the now weak axels. Maybe dana's or tow axels would have been a better choise. Or maybe just starting with a jeep to begin with would have been more cost effective.

"Where the land and my Zook meet, my spirit soars, my soul is alive, and my life has true meaning."
http://www.geocities.com/zuk_tonka/zuk.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-24-2001, 11:09 PM

I'll have to agree with JHS on this one, Why spend the time and money on a killer suspention and throw 35"s on stock sammy axles????? Maybe it's just for show and won't actually be wheeled. Just a Rolling billboard for Suzuki Lighting I guess.

88 Zuk
locked and loaded
http://www.zukin.homestead.com/main.html
post #5 of (permalink) Old 09-25-2001, 01:27 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Thats funny you guys mention that, because I called them one time and asked them about the stock axles withstanding all that HP. The guy told me they built a 4.3 Sammy one that "would sit there and smoke 31" tires without any problems with the axles" Mabey, just mabey the rear axle would hold up for a while, but the front birfield I think would grenade big time !!!

post #6 of (permalink) Old 09-25-2001, 04:01 AM
Keyboard Implanted

I have not see the article yet, but from what I hear from you guys is that it is a Zuk with a V6 and stock drivetrain. I don't know why they are always sticking with the stock drivetrain and putting V6's and V8's in. The Zuk that I'm working on has a 4.3L and Toyota axles, I know that will hold up to the 16x35 Boggers that I have. I also called them about it and the guy that I talked to said that they haven't had a problem with them at Moab! But, that was all he said. I think that they need to put some Dana's in that bad boy and it will be a hell of a lot better then what they have now. And you can get a V6 in a Zuk cheaper then you can buy a Jeep and fix it up. Read this...
http://www.extreme4x4.com/vol5num3/s...suz_lig_1.html

-Brian

ULTIMATE ZUK
http://www.geocities.com/brianconrad1/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode