need help........ - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-20-2001, 11:05 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

need help........

i let my brother borrow my zuk about 2 miles away from my house he told me that he looked back and it began to smoke!he said it was black smoke!i changed the oil yesterdy and i checked it a bit a go and it's barely marking it!so i figured it burned or leaked the oil!so i get in to turn it on and when i press my clutch in it makes a loud pop noise and my clutch pedal goes out!!!!! i checked it out and it looks like i broke the whole pedal assembaly!but it doesn't bother me that bad,but my motor has me worried.i cranked it up and it turned on fine but i reved it and kept it at 2000rpom and it started smoking gray smoke.not much but it's never smoked before.my bro told me it lost compression on 4th and 5th gear.is my motor burnt out?!?!?!?i just did my valve job a bit ago and it was running great.i mean perfect!is it true that my baby is gone??i have put alot of work into it and i'll feel like crap if i have to switch my motor!i've put a new tranny transfer centerforce clutch!but i hope i find out soon!can some one please tell me what they think?don't hold back cuz if my motor is gone..well...i'll go look for my tracker motor this weekend!well any help would be greatly appreciated!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-21-2001, 12:22 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: need help........

That's alot of stuff to digest.

One at a time. If you're concerned about a valve problem, pop off the valve cover and check it out. You can at least check the rocker arms and see if one broke loose or feels loose. Pulling the cover takes about 2 minutes.

http://www.rocky-road.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode