New Front Seats? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-20-2001, 12:13 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

New Front Seats?

OK, maybe I can ask a question that's not so controversial:

Does anybody know of a company selling good-fitting front seats for the 4 door Kick? I saw somebody who had some kind of racing seats, but can't find it now. Do these things take some kind of adapter plate? I'm not considering putting in a 5-point harness at this time, so they need to work with regular seat belts.

Thanks!
Bob

95 'Kick 4 Door - Calmini header & exhaust = mo' power! YES!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-20-2001, 12:44 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Re: New Front Seats?

kirky makes some absolutely killer racing seats. pushing $200 a pop though with seat cover. but definately worth it if ya got the dough. im going to get me some RCI seats for my rig prolly. i recently was *forced* to buy a cheapo racing seat from summit racing, i was NOT impressed and will NOT be buying them for my rig. just not comfortable to me. but that is just my opinion dude.....
BiLLy bOb

Do unto others as you want done to you!
If you pack it in, pack it out!
post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-20-2001, 12:55 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

OK BB, do you have a place I can actually find something out about these kirky seats? Like who sells 'em? Do they have a web site?

Thanks!
Bob

95 'Kick 4 Door - Calmini header & exhaust = mo' power! YES!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-20-2001, 01:10 PM
Keyboard Implanted

hey man, go to jegs racing
http://www,jegs.com
do a search for kirkey
it should throw up some hits for it. dont know if jegs carries the seat covers or not, they should. or get in touch with tim porter. they used kirkeys in chesters new rig he had at zukimelt. porter is on the bbs here. XSparts11 is his handle. do a search for him, think hes got his email in his profile. at work, dont have email handy. at home on my puter.
back to work.
later man, hope i helped ya some.
BiLLy bOb

Do unto others as you want done to you!
If you pack it in, pack it out!
post #5 of (permalink) Old 09-20-2001, 04:45 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

check out MOMO racing seats and Sparks racing seats. I love the way these things look. If I only had the money! What? Ya'll didn't know I was the fourth character in the original Wizard of Oz? My parts was cut but I was the fat monkey with a Zuk and no money to fix it up. The Wizard was a Jeep fanatic and refused to help me out....
R/T

88 Samurai, 1300 bored .020,Power Punch II head w/1600 exhaust valves,Low End AAPA cam,Weber,Calmini Header,2" Exhaust System,31/13.50/15 Baja Belted Radials

post #6 of (permalink) Old 09-21-2001, 04:24 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

IFLIPEZ, there are professionals out there that can help you and your monkey. Make the call... the first step to recovery is acknowledging that you and your monkey have a problem.

post #7 of (permalink) Old 09-21-2001, 05:12 PM
Alfie

How do these race type seats work in off road usage, you know getting in and out all the time, leaning out the door to look for rocks etc. etc.
Alfie.

post #8 of (permalink) Old 09-21-2001, 07:43 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

ALFIE,

maaaaaaAAAaate, get a set of swift GTI seats. I have them in my rig and they are bloody awesome. Nice on-road comfort and support, off-road they are truely remarkable. no more sore kidneys, no more sore lower back at the end of a long ride. they hug the body nice and tight (not as tight as a race seat though). As for getting in and out, I have 3" springs and a 2" body lift, so no matter what I have to hoist myself in and out *LOL* as for leaning out the door to see everything - piece of cake.

I am getting pics developed this weekend and will be posting them as soon as I get them back and scan them.

'85 SuziSkip
Slowly building a beast.

Need some custom graphic/new media design done?
Visit http://www.newflavour.com today!
post #9 of (permalink) Old 09-21-2001, 07:49 PM

Skippy,
Finding a pair of Swift GTi seats is about near impossible. Since you have a set consider yourself LUCKY! But, I've been searching for months for a set and no luck. I settled on a set of 1987 Vintage seats from a Toyota Corolla FX ralley car. I don't know what they are but they look cool as anything. I'll post pics once they're installed.

AARRRRRRRG! 1987 Red JX 'vert, 4.5 BREEZE SPOA, SJ410 T-case, 31 BFG M/T knock offs, extended shackles (1.6 - 8V eventually) AARRRRRRRG!
post #10 of (permalink) Old 09-21-2001, 08:04 PM
Alfie

My wife drives a Swift GTI, I tell you I have looked long and hard at the seats, the motor etc.
But I have picked up a Swift motor, guess I should start looking for a pair of seats.
Alfie.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode