rocky road outfitters - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-17-2001, 01:17 PM Thread Starter
Enthusiast

rocky road outfitters

Has I anyone else had problems ordering from rocky road outfitters?? For the last 3 weeks I've called them and they keep saying my coil spings will be in. I'm starting to get a little fed-up w/this this is the 5th week I've had these on order and in less 2wk I'm going offroading and will need them! Boy I'm going to be p!ssed if they don't get her in time.
George

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-17-2001, 01:45 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: rocky road outfitters

From what I've heard, Rocky Road is just a couple of guys working out of their garage, so if they have more than a few orders, they would be swamped - plus, with air traffic way down, they may not be getting their supplies - I'm guessing that they don't carry a lot of inventory on hand. Or, they may be in court for putting false statements about the reliability of their competitors products on their web site. In my opinion, I would look for alternate sources.

Bob

95 'Kick 4 Door - Calmini header & exhaust = mo' power! YES!!!
post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-17-2001, 02:00 PM
Keyboard Implanted

If you e-mail Glenn and tell him that you need your stuff for an off-road trip he will get them to ya asap! He did that for me and got to my house, I believe one day after he told me it would be there. With the mail being slow and all I think that has to be the problem. UPS, and other big name Co. are slow, hell my package from NC to Kuwait takes 1.5 weeks to get here, but my wife sent a package 1week before the WTC attack and it still isn't here. So, take it for what its worth. E-mail him, he should have the answers.
Later

-Brian

ULTIMATE ZUK
http://www.geocities.com/brianconrad1/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-17-2001, 02:01 PM
WSB

At least you can get them on the phone. RRO has been notorious for poor shipping times.

Wayne

post #5 of (permalink) Old 09-17-2001, 02:02 PM
Carpal \'Tunnel

howdy,
i ordered there 5.5 spoa lift. it took longer than i thought it would. but when i did get it, i was very happy with their product. they have somethings in stock at all times. then the more extreme time can take time. i've been ordering from them for awhile now, and sometimes when you call to order you always need to ask if it is in stock. but their products are over-kill and sometimes it just takes over-time to get it ready for you.
by the way, glenn when you shipped out my lift. i got everything but you for got to send me the most important part, the sticker you all have. but when i place my next order i will ask for an extra sticker.

Thanks fer your time,

Jimmie & MONZUKI

"God doesn't have to hand out brains everyday."
post #6 of (permalink) Old 09-17-2001, 02:47 PM
Addict

Is that the coil kit that you ordered? RRO doesnt make them they just sell them and the company that makes them has had a hard time getting them made. I was one of the first to order it about 4 MONTHS ago and havent gotten mine yet. I ordered straight from the source though and not through RRO.

Lonny - Redmond, WA
87' Stomper, 1.6 EFI, SOA, Missing Links, Z-bar Eliminator, 5.125RP, 4.16TC, lockers, bead locks and 33" Boggers
http://www.mystomper.com
post #7 of (permalink) Old 09-17-2001, 02:54 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I ordered some rock rails from them. Took longer than expected but they were always honest when I called them about it. They were having some delays due to powder coating at that time.

Later...
Keith
88.5, 3" springs + 1" shackle lift, 33x10.5 super swamper radial TSL, 4.88 gears, rear locker, weber carb, 2" exhaust, centerforce clutch, OD green
post #8 of (permalink) Old 09-17-2001, 06:36 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I'm not sure what coil springs you are waiting for, but if you like, you can email me direct on it with your name and such so I can track things down. The only coil springs we carry are either OMEs, or the conversion kit from Shaeffer's.
==============================

From Bobzuki:
From what I've heard, Rocky Road is just a couple of guys working out of their garage

-Your sources are quacks. We have a full shop and office with 9 employees at this time. You are welcome to swing by our facilities to check things out if you like.
Many of the parts we sell are standard parts (lockers, gears, bushings, lights, etc, etc) and we have those on the shelf. If you call before 2pm our time, we can usually get them out the same day. if you need something in a rush, we'll make extra efforts to get you taken care of.

Alot of our items are very unique custom/or customizable parts which can have wait times. Our parts are built tough though and everything we build carries a lifetime guarantee. We build stuff for serious trail abuse, not showy foo-foo. Demand for our well-built parts has always been high which has caused some delays. We are catching up on our more popular items nowadays and many things which had waits attached (like Crawler bumpers and Rockrails) are now in stock.

>Or, they may be in court for putting false statements about the reliability of their competitors products

We don't make false statements about competitors products. They may cry like a baby about things, but the truth stands solid. One of our competitors did try a frivolous lawsuit at one point, but it ended in a stalemate (what a waste). Nothing I said was ever proven or could ever be proven to have been false.

I do have a history of telling it like it is. If I think its B.S., or have had something fall apart, seen it fall apart, or know the true nature and full ramifications of a modification, I'll give the straight poop. Some folks don't like this, others have commended me for the no-BS policy.
================================

I only check this bulletin board a couple times a day. If someone needs to get ahold of Rocky Road on questions of our products or status of delivery by our suppliers, please email me direct. I check emails quite frequently throughout the day.
[email protected]

http:// www.rocky-road.com
post #9 of (permalink) Old 09-18-2001, 02:24 AM

WOOOHOOO! Let's here it for Glenn Wakefield and his crew! I had the pleasure of calling them not to long ago...got thru the first time and had a pleasent converstation with a knowledgeable associate there. There is good and bad in every company... RRO along with a hand ful of other aftermarket DIST and wholesalers...do start out as a small one or two man operation... As word gets out on how great they are... the business grows... sometimes there is enough of a profit to afford adding staff but most of the time that is not the case...NOW... having said that... MAYBE that is what happened to Glenn and Co. They have gotten a bad wrap along with a handful of others that I will not mention. Bottom line is... go with who you trust and who you have had good experiences with...IF all else fails... ask a friend before ordering.
my two cents
Rae Champoux
TRAILS EDITOR
IZOOK.COM

86 SAMMY
33"BFG MTA'S, YJ rear, 3"rears up front, w/breeze droplinks, breeze crossover steering & track bar, DT shocks, locked f&R, 4.16 case, weber, header...HUSBAND BUILT AND WIFE DRIVEN...
post #10 of (permalink) Old 09-18-2001, 09:30 AM
Keyboard Implanted

Geo -

Boy, stay away from the 'puter for a few days and you miss all the fun.

I guess it's the OME coils for the GV you are looking for. You can always try JD's Off-Road in Mout Kisco, NY. They're website is http://www.jdsoffroad.com or you can call 800-884-JEEP and ask for Chris. I've ordered quite a bit from them and they are fast. Simple things like poly bushings, leaf springs and such are next day.

I'll check with Chris today as to price and availability and get back in touch with you.

<font color=blue>Yankee Tim</font color=blue>[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode