Motor Re-build Kits - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-13-2001, 05:27 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Motor Re-build Kits

Hey I have to do a re-build, researching the web for prices I find that asianauto out of AZ has the best prices for the kit. Has anyone used these suppliers and what is the quality. I dont want to spend less money on crap. But they are almost 200$ cheaper than all the rest that I have found.

Which ones have you all used?

jmoe [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]
86 HD, SPOA, 2in S/R, P/S, misc.......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-13-2001, 05:38 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Motor Re-build Kits

Dave's kits are very good quality.

We also have complete engine rebuild kits in stock for under $300. If you're paying $400, you're throwing money away.

http:// www.rocky-road.com
post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-13-2001, 08:08 PM
Carpal \'Tunnel

howdy,
if you go to napa you can order Sealed Power. Sealed Power is the best. when i did mine i used Sealed Power, comes with Fel-Pro gaskets, the only gaskets. it cost more than asianauto, but i went with Sealed Power. Sealed Power is out of OHIO, but last year bought them out. Hey remember when you re-build your engine, if you try to go cheap, the monster will left her head and eat you @$$.
Just my ideas, for one to another.

Thanks fer your time,

Jimmie & MONZUKI

"God doesn't have to hand out brains everyday."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-13-2001, 10:30 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I have done searchin myself and right now I am pretty hung on the RRO's kit but I wont be usin it til that time comes!

" Go Cheap n' Smooth or Forget about it!"

Thanx
Studly
92 Zuki/235's/header/cherry bomb exhaust/Still Building
72 fj40/crate 350/33's/discs
post #5 of (permalink) Old 09-13-2001, 11:11 PM
zukiman

The Asian Auto Parts rebuild kit is very good. That's what I'm running in my GTi motor, and it laughs at 9000rpm's. My motor thinks it's invincible. [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

-- Geoff Beasley

post #6 of (permalink) Old 09-14-2001, 12:12 AM
Old Hand

jmoe

we have the same brand of rebuild kits as the other vendors..

for the most part we have sold many piston sets with wrist pins and rings made by Rock and ITM..both are the leading companies that make Import parts...our gaskets are made in part by Fel-Pro, but we have had the best results with the Rock Gaskets over the ITM gasket sets.....

We have the same flat top pistons as those other guys too made by Top Line....and now have a great line of pistons made by ACL....they are the best quality looking pistons I have seen....but they cost a few cents more and are a little harder to get.....we also have a new line of gaskets made by a company out of Texas, they too are great quality gaskets.....

I built a 1.3 motor for Fred Swanson of CSC using the Rock gaskets, ITM .040 pistons and our head with the low-end cam and 1.6 e-valves....there wasn't a 1.6 in Moab that could keep up with him on the 10 mile up hill run out the highway to the turn off to Helldorado trail....most people thought he had a V-6! Fred revs his motor a little higher than I would, and it's held up to it so far...

as for the quality of our rebuild kits...they are good enough for the girls we go with...our Elves make them with a little phoo phoo dust in each set to make them last longer

Dave

post #7 of (permalink) Old 09-14-2001, 12:19 AM
Keyboard Implanted

I purchased a Gasket set, main and thrust bearings and +40 high Compression pistons from Hawk Strictly Suzuki last winter after serious comparison shopping. At the time, I was not aware of Asian Auto, which apparently comes highly recommended.

I DO know that if your engine has more than 110k on it, you should definitely check all the bearing clearances and cylinder wear. It's almost a given that the bearings will be close to out-of-tolerance and the cylinders will be out-of-round. I'd even recommend that you go ahead and have the cylinders re-bored and new pistons installed while you have the engine out. The results will be gratifying AND long-lasting.

Jim Cambron

post #8 of (permalink) Old 09-14-2001, 06:33 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Ok, Next questiion???? What if I wanted to swap in a 1.6. What are the bennies? How much should I expect to pay for a good 1.6, ready to go? Or should I just rebuild the 1.3. The Zuk is down so I dont really have a long time to build a motor or find one, but it will take a month or so to dig up some money. Desicisions Desicisions.........I reckon this solves the question of if I am going to Zuwharrie or not

post #9 of (permalink) Old 09-14-2001, 06:34 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Ok, Next questiion???? What if I wanted to swap in a 1.6. What are the bennies? How much should I expect to pay for a good 1.6, ready to go? Or should I just rebuild the 1.3. The Zuk is down so I dont really have a long time to build a motor or find one, but it will take a month or so to dig up some money. Desicisions Desicisions.........I reckon this solves the question of if I am going to Zuwharrie or not

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode