Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups

Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups (https://forums.off-road.com/forum.php)
-   Suzuki GEO All (https://forums.off-road.com/suzuki-geo-all/)
-   -   crow horse n others in problem areas today (https://forums.off-road.com/suzuki-geo-all/86715-crow-horse-n-others-problem-areas-today.html)

Billy Bob 09-11-2001 11:36 AM

crow horse n others in problem areas today

Are you ok man? Please check in as soon as you can. I know your up NYC area somewhere. We are worried.
Lewis T. Scherer

http://www.netlaughter.com/images/billy2.gif
Do unto others as you want done to you!
If you pack it in, pack it out!

**DONOTDELETE** 09-11-2001 11:53 AM

Re: crow horse n others in problem areas today

Here here man. Please let us know you're O.K. Crow.

JIMZUKI 09-11-2001 11:53 AM

howdy,
i'm stuck in boston. my plane was to take off at 9:45 a.m. in route to the cincinnati/northern kentucky airport. the bad thing is that it is a com-air flight and no one is going to be fling in a couple days. so it looks like a nice drive home.
i must say, if we go to war on this then i am going to enlist. so one or country will pay for their actions and they will pay with the lives of many.

Thanks fer your time,

Jimmie & MONZUKI

"God doesn't have to hand out brains everyday."

Zuk Jr. 09-11-2001 02:20 PM

ENLIST buddy, I'm over in Kuwait now and got to love the heat!

-Brian
http://www.firegraphics.org/Clipart/Page19/srch5.gif ULTIMATE ZUK
http://www.geocities.com/brianconrad1/

**DONOTDELETE** 09-11-2001 03:02 PM

I'm ok and Crowhorse please let us know how you are.
ROB

HEEP IT'S WHAT'S FOR DINNER!

CrowHorse 09-11-2001 04:55 PM

Thanks for everyone's concern..... I'm ok, as ok as any of us can be. Scores of people aren't that lucky...
Funny thing though, when I awoke this AM, I complained that this cold I have had taken a stronger hold on me. Mandy had said I should stay home. I wish I had.......
I was in the next building over, The Financial Center, when all hell broke loose. After the first aircraft impacted one tower we started to evacuate, only to have the evacuation rescinded. It was a surreal sight. Like Towering Inferno, only all too real. Then the second aircraft hi the other tower and the evacuation began again. It was a very orderly procedure, folks helping those in need. It was strangely calm as well. We exited the building with debris rainning down. Only till I got home did I know that some of the debris were people.
I walked uptown as no subway service was available. I watched people's faces. The mood was very somber. I saw everything from deep concern to outright hyteria as people learned of the tragedy. People who were united with loved ones, hug tighter and their eye's spoke volumes. But true to form, New Yorkers, in the worst possible disasters, step to the plate and pull together. I suppose these things bring out the best in people.
I became part of a mass exodus from the tiny island they call New York. Millions of us walking. I walked from the Trade Center, into Queens. At what seemed to be a midpoint of my journey I happend onto an elderly woman who had no idea how to get home and she was worried about her daughter who was working in the same building I was. I reassured her that she had evacuated safely and continued to talk with her for an hour or so.
I finally made it to a running subway line, still realing from the events that had occured. It will take days to fully understand the magnitude of this.....
Anyhow...it's my Mom's birthday today and I had no idea as what I should get her. She likes flowers, so that is usually #1 on my list for her. However, I did find an even better gift for her. I found a phone that worked and rang her, telling her I was alright.
After complaining of my cold, my aching feet, and legs, I'm ecstatic to be plagued by them......
After today, the world is a different place......

All Good Medicine,
Crow

Creator, everything we do leaves a track. May our tracks be ones we would want you to see and others to follow......

**DONOTDELETE** 09-11-2001 05:06 PM

So glad to hear you're both O.K. Crow, I didn't realize that you worked near the trade centre. Robzuk, where were you when it happened?

SAMURAE 09-11-2001 05:08 PM

CROW- I am relieved to hear that you are ok. I have been worried about you all day long...TAT and I are both at work and thank goodness i have access to the BBS on here to keeps tabs on all of you! Please stay safe... as well as Yankee TIM and the rest of ya's... you are all in my thoughts.
Zuk Jr. keeping you in my thoughts as well...Kuwait ain't that far away from the crap over there when it starts going down... you too be safe...
My thoughts and prayers go out to you all that are being affected by this tradgedy.
Rae

86 SAMMY
33"BFG MTA'S, YJ rear, 3"rears up front, w/breeze droplinks, breeze crossover steering & track bar, DT shocks, locked f&R, 4.16 case, weber, header...HUSBAND BUILT AND WIFE DRIVEN...

CrowHorse 09-11-2001 06:44 PM

Thanks.... I'm in construction, so I move around alot. It just so happened that I was sent there to do a job....

All Good Medicine,
Crow

Creator, everything we do leaves a track. May our tracks be ones we would want you to see and others to follow......

CrowHorse 09-11-2001 06:45 PM

Thanks for the call BB! I'll try and ring you tomorrow....

All Good Medicine,
Crow