OT camper construction - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-09-2001, 12:56 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

OT camper construction

Well I bought yet another vehicle today. It's a '73 GMC 1/2 ton with an overhead slide-in camper. I'm really pleased with this purchase. The truck has only had one owner throughout it's life and only has 49,000 original miles on it. It was originally bought by a retiree in 1972 for camping only (the original bill of sale and owners manual are in the glove box). Very little rust, which is amazing in these parts. The camper has probably never been off the truck. Runs great and so far everything seems to work.

The only disappointment is that the camper has much more rot than I expected. It's well maintained and very clean inside but once I started checking all the nooks and crannys I realized that it's pretty far gone.

That brings me to my question: How are these things built? Are there any websights dealing with the repair of something like this? I'm willing to tackle this if I can understand how the construction process works.

Thanks for any help.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-09-2001, 01:16 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: OT camper construction

Hi Ray most if not all campers and trailers are built from the inside out and usually made of 2x2's they build the frame then the interior and then they finish off the out side. hope this helps. Bill

post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-09-2001, 06:04 AM
Keyboard Implanted

Re: OT camper construction

Keep an eye out for a camper in better shape and use the
appliances out of this one if good, alot of times around here (Westerm Ma.) a slide in is 500.00 or less,
they are stick construction, 2x2" and then 1/4" luan
plywood. I have fixed a camper before, kind of a pain but it
can be done. Fix the leaks first then repair. (Rip the inside out and spray the roof to find the leaks, then patch.
then you want to get a good roofing repair system, don't skimp. and then cover it with a good tarp in the winter.

Glenn
87' Zook Spoa,M/L 33's, 4.16 tcase,4.62 gears Camo,Header,2"exhuast, Cam.
Lockers, 8klb winch, -Wildweasel2 NE4WI- club http://www.cs.umass.edu/~glenn/personal.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 02-15-2011, 03:23 AM

These are solid polycarbonate sheets with a texture on one surface. The purpose of texturing is to provide light diffusion and prevent see-through vision as deemed necessary for a variety of applications.
=================

galvenium sheets
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode