Hight-Tec Retreads Questions - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-09-2001, 12:50 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Hight-Tec Retreads Questions

Has anyone ran the tires. I am thinking of either the mud in 31x10.50R-15 or the A/T in 31x11.50R-15.

I want to get ride of my 30 by 11.5 tbirds I have a really nasty wear pattern formed all my fault lots of highway driving and not enough rotation of tires.

Any input would be great also does any one have a set of 4 wheel spacers they want to get ride of.

LOCO

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-09-2001, 06:35 AM
pook

Re: Hight-Tec Retreads Questions

yep,got a set of 33-12.50s like them alot
have the mud tires and there not to bad on the road, noise wise,and in mud there great,think i might even get another set for the parts zook....

post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-09-2001, 06:41 AM
Keyboard Implanted

I have a set of the mud 31" tires worked great (Went to a 33 this year) they will go on my sons willys this year.
My nephew has the 31" at's they are nice too. I just ordered a set of 30x9.50 ats for my other truck. so I guess you can call that a good recommendation.

Glenn
87' Zook Spoa,M/L 33's, 4.16 tcase,4.62 gears Camo,Header,2"exhuast, Cam.
Lockers, 8klb winch, -Wildweasel2 NE4WI- club http://www.cs.umass.edu/~glenn/personal.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-09-2001, 10:06 AM

I have 30-9.50 ATs on my '86 hardtop. I would get them again. The only problem is paying the high price for mounting and balancing after you get them.

-Farther
post #5 of (permalink) Old 09-09-2001, 11:10 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I would get some as well but they are so far away that shippin would kill me so I have been lookin for maybe a retread place here in florida??

" Go Cheap n' Smooth or Forget about it!"

Thanx
Studly
92 Zuki/235's/header/cherry bomb exhaust/Still Building
72 fj40/crate 350/33's/discs
post #6 of (permalink) Old 09-09-2001, 11:37 AM

I've got 31 MTs on AR aluminum rims on mine and they went on the rims without needing a balance! Good tires. I traded a non-running Samurai with no title for 'em[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]. Thanks Tim! Tim's running a set of 33s on his Sami and they're even nicer than the 31s.

AARRRRRRRG! 1987 Red JX 'vert, 4.5 BREEZE SPOA, SJ410 T-case, 31 BFG M/T knock offs, extended shackles (1.6 - 8V eventually) AARRRRRRRG!
post #7 of (permalink) Old 09-09-2001, 12:19 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I have them on my daily driver (30miles trip) and they work swell. The only problem is running them aired down. After running them at about 8lbs my right front lost it's cap and the left front started coming loose around the inside edges.As a matter of fact, rubbing on the inside may have contributed to the tire failure as the rears show no such problems. I ordered 2 more asap. I consider the problem as misuse. clyde

88 Sam 4.16,welded rear,lockt frnt,31"Hi-tech MTR's, 4.5 spoa,5k Ramsey,rears in frnt w/ML's, Calmini cam n header.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 09-09-2001, 06:24 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I have them and like them alot. I live in GA and the cost of shipping was not too much. 325 to my door. Then I got mnt and bal for $32.00 BTW 33 X 12.5 MT's. This is also my daily driver. I have wheeled at tellico with them and was very impressed they took me everywhere I wanted to go and a few places I didn't think it could. I recommend them.

"Where the land and my Zook meet, my spirit soars, my soul is alive, and my life has true meaning."
http://www.geocities.com/zuk_tonka/zuk.html
post #9 of (permalink) Old 09-09-2001, 07:10 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

hey JHS you bought yours from high tec or another place??

" Go Cheap n' Smooth or Forget about it!"

Thanx
Studly
92 Zuki/235's/header/cherry bomb exhaust/Still Building
72 fj40/crate 350/33's/discs
post #10 of (permalink) Old 09-09-2001, 10:20 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Billy,
I got mine from the only place I know of up in South Dakota. I bought four tires and with shipping it was the price of five tires.

"Where the land and my Zook meet, my spirit soars, my soul is alive, and my life has true meaning."
http://www.geocities.com/zuk_tonka/zuk.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode