My GV...and Zookin' pre-run - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-03-2001, 11:58 AM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

My GV...and Zookin\' pre-run

Went up to Wildweasel's for Day 2 of Fab Fest. We did a "pre-run" for the upcoming Zookin' outting.

Well, I just wanted to share another trail experience in my GV. I HAD A BLAST!!! The GV is still amazing me. It seems like another grocery getter on the outside, but trust me, they really hold their own on the trail. With the exception of several frame rail slides, she came out with nary a scratch. An blown bead was all I really suffered. A ratchet strap and some on-board air and the bead was reseated and we're were forward moving (and extra big, BIG thanx to Wildweasel)

The V6 power and the variable torque of the auto tranny go a long way. While I'm still open/open diff, the wheel spin is minimal maily due to the fantastic flex the rear end affords me. There were many times I though I wasn't going to be able to make something, but instead she crawled right thru it. I had to take only one go around going in, but made it back without going around anything.

I want to thank Wildweasel, Alan, "Mad" Mxnhid, Jeepn and WSB for being patient and helping out. Hopefully you'll chime in on your own personal experiences, and maybe post a couple pics!

I also want to say that if anyone is considering buying a GV, go for it. You won't be disappointed.

<font color=blue>Yankee Tim</font color=blue>[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-03-2001, 12:46 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Re: My GV...and Zookin\' pre-run

sounds like ya had a blast man.
glad to hear it....
BiLLy bOb

Do unto others as you want done to you!
If you pack it in, pack it out!
post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-03-2001, 05:25 PM
WSB

Tim,

Just wanted to say nice drivin! I can't wait to see the all of
the pictures that Max took!

Wayne

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-03-2001, 06:09 PM
Enthusiast

Tim,
Sounds like you guys had blast. I hope it will be as much fun at the end of the mounth. Just a though what size tires are you running because I now you have the 2.5in lift. I will be running with 225/70/16 which = about 26" and in know you can go up to 29" with just the lift.
Next weekend I will be welding my rocker rail together. I'll let you know how it goes.
George

post #5 of (permalink) Old 09-03-2001, 07:06 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

I'm running Bridgestone Dueler MT's in a 225/75SR16. That's about 29.5" If I remember rightly, you have Pirelli Scorp AT's in 225/70R16, which is 28.4" according to tire rack. So you are very close in tire size to me. Plus, you will want to air down to 10-12 psi to maximize traction.

With the rock rails and skid plate, you'll be able to be more agressive than me. If I had your rock protection, I would have taken much stronger lines. Don't worry, you'll have a blast on this. Wildweasel is an excellent spotter, as are many others.

Are you getting the OME lift? If so, that will go a long way. One thing that will definately help you this time will be removing the front sway bar. A quick removal of four 12mm bolts and two 14mm nuts and the front really gains flex.

<font color=blue>Yankee Tim</font color=blue>[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
post #6 of (permalink) Old 09-04-2001, 10:44 AM
I Do This For The Glory

The first 1/2 of the pictures are up already. I downsized them to 750 width, so they'll fit on the screen better, and I have the full size ones at the house if anyone wants one. I also retouched and cropped some of them to make them a little better. I'll try to get the other 1/2 done tonight, but mxnhid took about 200 pictures total.

They are at http://www.fototime.com/ftweb/bin/ft...-74AE8B81CB6A}

I'm kinda beat, getting sick I think, these long nights are finally catching up with me. I had a great time, Zuk ran great, and lots off good wheeling. Digital cameras are nice, but a little slow, wish I could have had a picture of standing the Zuk on end, that would have been nice.

JEEPN
Winter Harbor, Maine
'81 CJ-8 Scrambled, It's a Jeep, Chevy, IHC kinda thing!
'88.5 Zuki, 7" Lift, Locked, Swamped, Rolled, and just generally broken in right!
post #7 of (permalink) Old 09-04-2001, 11:00 AM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

Now this looks like fun!

post #8 of (permalink) Old 09-04-2001, 11:02 AM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

maybe not!

post #9 of (permalink) Old 09-04-2001, 11:35 AM
Keyboard Implanted

Your welcome I think we all had a blast. As long as I can controll my wheelhop I seem not to break axles.. Knock on wood. I went back to the trailhead the next day to pick up trash that some locals had dumped and did a clean-up on both sides of the trail. Got the lawnmower and TV someone had pitched too. A local stopped and thanked me for doing it,
I let him know it was a 4 wheeler that was cleaning things up. NOT dumping! I just don't want us wheelers to get blamed
for dumping and the trail get closed. So I Guess I have kind of adopted it as far as keeping it clean. Something more people should do I think.

Glenn
87' Zook Spoa,M/L 33's, 4.16 tcase,4.62 gears Camo,Header,2"exhuast, Cam.
Lockers, 8klb winch, -Wildweasel2 NE4WI- club http://www.cs.umass.edu/~glenn/personal.html
post #10 of (permalink) Old 09-04-2001, 01:08 PM
I Do This For The Glory

Thanks Glenn, that was a lot of trash.

It was a great time, too bad more people didn't show up, they definitely missed out.

JEEPN
Winter Harbor, Maine
'81 CJ-8 Scrambled, It's a Jeep, Chevy, IHC kinda thing!
'88.5 Zuki, 7" Lift, Locked, Swamped, Rolled, and just generally broken in right!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode