NE Fabfest 2-Day1 - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-02-2001, 05:00 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

NE Fabfest 2-Day1

A little late on this report but here goes. The turn out was small with Me, my daughter, Wildweasel,his Son, maxnhid,Jeepn, and zooky being the attendees. Wildweael and zooky showed me and Jeepn how to adjust the valves and Glenn adjusted my ailigning clutch. Zooky was hard at work with Glenn and his Son building the RTI ramp for Zookin in a couple weeks. Max was busy working on his hybrid rear. Although not as big as the previous Fest alot was accomplished in a short period of time. Thanks to Wildweasel for hosting the event and a special thanks to his Mom and Wife for putting up with gearhead central as well as his Son for torching off anything that needed torching off. I'm home but the Fest goes on with day 2. Jim

http://sites.netscape.net/riodiusa
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-02-2001, 07:47 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Re: NE Fabfest 2-Day1

Man, I wish I could have made it up there! Not only did I learn heaps at the last one, but I met some of the nicest folks you would ever want to meet.
This weekend I had to house/Raven-dog sit for my friends and funds are on the low side (daughter in college).

All Good Medicine,
Crow

Creator, everything we do leaves a track. May our tracks be ones we would want you to see and others to follow......

post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-02-2001, 08:43 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Well Just quick follow up, I'm glad to see you had a good time. We got the ramp most of the way done and Tested
it out With just about anything with wheels in the yard.
We ran Mabell today after a late start with trying to fix Max's rig, I am calling it a defective locker, It will be replaced before we go to the hybred. Yankee Tim and his Gal, and son ran the trail with his GV, and WSB showed up to prerun also.

Glenn
87' Zook Spoa,M/L 33's, 4.16 tcase,4.62 gears Camo,Header,2"exhuast, Cam.
Lockers, 8klb winch, -Wildweasel2 NE4WI- club http://www.cs.umass.edu/~glenn/personal.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-02-2001, 08:52 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

Wish We could have stayed for the run today. Zuke ran fantastic on the way home. 60+ most of the way on the interstate. Stoped for some quality bacon and a couple of those pie things zooky was talking about and 2 hours later We were pulling off the hiway at Our exit. Clutch too is perfect. Thanks a gain for everything and BTW both things from Outlook Farms were excellent. Jim

http://sites.netscape.net/riodiusa
post #5 of (permalink) Old 09-03-2001, 09:45 AM
MRLoneWolfe

And again another outlook farms satisified customer!!!!And what quality pork products they have!!!!LOL!!

88 Sam I AM(AKA-THROTTLE MONGER)- 1.3+.030,cam,462gears,locked,5in Calmini,2"body
31-10.50's.Yankee-offroad-Hood latches,Bumpers,Rails and armour,Tracker seats.................ECT.....
post #6 of (permalink) Old 09-03-2001, 10:39 AM
Keyboard Implanted

sounds like yall had a blast.
BiLLy bOb

Do unto others as you want done to you!
If you pack it in, pack it out!
post #7 of (permalink) Old 09-03-2001, 02:20 PM
Keyboard Implanted

the ramp held up good (so far!), we ramped almost everything in the yard. My Grand Cherokee was the stiffest. Glenns stocker was impressive, it beat the Grand and almost tied a lifted sami.

post #8 of (permalink) Old 09-03-2001, 03:54 PM
Loweguy

What, and you didn't even invite ME??? Just because I don't own a Zuki anymore- what a shame.

Hey Max, are you ever going to send me my video tape back??? I would kind of like to have it.

How's everybody doing? All is well here. It looks like I'm buidling another 4x4, but it's back to a 4.0 Cherokee for me this time. I have found an awesome deal on a 'cosmetically challenged' truck that will work out really well. I'm hoping to sew up the deal this week, and start working on a lift to fit a new set of 34x9.50s on it.

Also, I took a new position and am now working for a Jeep dealer in Southern CT (Jeep and Nissan, actually) if you guys need anything.

Well, that's about it. Take care of yourselves and stay in touch!

Michael O
-01 Nissan Frontier
-00 Mitsubishi Eclipse
'Sometimes you're the pigeon, Sometimes you're the statue'
post #9 of (permalink) Old 09-03-2001, 04:27 PM
Keyboard Implanted

hey Loweguy! We missed you and your jerky this time. Glad to hear you are getting back into wheeling. What happened to the Mustang job? Sounded like a great place to work. Make sure you keep in touch.

post #10 of (permalink) Old 09-03-2001, 07:15 PM
Loweguy

Hey

Yeah, I figured you guy would like more jerky. In a nutshell, the Mustang job just didn't work out- they had promised some things coming in that weren't happening, and overall the way the owners treat the employees is without respect and unpleasant. I tried to change the environment but realized it wasn't going to happen. I am SOOOO disappointed it didn't work out.

On the upside, however, I took the sales position at the Jeep dealer on a whim. I was going to take a few months off and just look at options, but this came along and I know some guys there so I thought what the heck! I'm having a GREAT time, and learning alot too. I have a line on a new (used) 4x4 Cherokee I'm going to build much bigger than my last one-maybe you guys will let me come up and 'wheel with you even if the Jeep doesn't have an 'S' on the front, eh?

Anyway, I'm glad you guys had a good time-it sounds like it was fun.

Take care.

Michael O
-01 Nissan Frontier
-00 Mitsubishi Eclipse
'Sometimes you're the pigeon, Sometimes you're the statue'
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode