OT... Good Medicine..... - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-31-2001, 02:33 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

OT... Good Medicine.....

Last night, my instructors and partners in Red Hawk went to dinner as it would be the last time we would see each other for quite some time. Steve and "Gauge" are moving; one to DC and the other to Florida.
They had spent some time this summer vollenteering their services at a Scout Reservation/summer camp. It's the same rez in which we hold Red Hawk.
Durring dinner they related a few experiences they had in that time. I felt compelled to share them with the collective zook community...
Steve has had a rough time of late and needed to have some personal/spiritual questions answered. He decided to take a Vision Quest.....alone in the woods with only water and no food. He planned to stay four or five days. This would allow the mind to be put to sleep and allow other dimensions to emerge. Durring his Quest, 2 amazing events occured.
He did not know how long he was there when he first heard the blast of shotguns. When the mind is put to sleep, time and place become myth. The shots became closer and he became aware of another group of "hunters" coming from the opposite direction. They did not fire as the other group was driving the deer to them. They finally converged at a point behind Steve and not far away as he could hear them talking amoungst themselves. It was clear to Steve that they were not only trespassing, but also poaching. From a prone position, Steve let out a howl/growl that would scare the living God out of anyone, hoping to scare them away and maybe keep them out of the woods. He heard them say "What THE HELL was that"? With that, they unleashed a salvo of shotgun and rifle blasts in Steve's direction. Shots whistled right above his head, ripping through leaves and branches. When the firing ceased, the hunters remained quiet, listening for anything. With that, Steve, using a very low voice but very audible said "I'm watching you....". With that, the "hunters" did a 180 and ran like hell out of the woods. I suppose now there will be tales of the Catskills version of the Jersy Devil or Big Foot.
Later in his quest, when the flow of the woods returned to normal, Steve sensed that a black bear was returning near his quest area. It had come by before, but stayed at distance. This time, possibly curiosity getting the better of it, it approached Steve as he was lying down. The bear came right over to him, sniffed him up and down, face to face. Steve was tempted to give him a big smooch right on the snoot but thought the better of it. The bear then left, leaving Steve so exillerated and pumped! It was very Good Medicine~!!!!! To be so close and personal to such a magnificent animal is something you can only appreciate when you experience it. I feel it was a karmic reward for driving the poachers from the woods....

"Gauge" had been having some rough days there as some folks were giving him some major grief. He needed to get away and he wandered into a field at night to lay down and take in the beauty of the stars. After spending quite some time there, he got up as if driven from his resting spot, to drift through the woods. He had no destination, only to drift were the winds directed him. He finally wandered near a candle lit Brotherhood ceremony (OA). He was not supposed to be there, but he was undected by anyone and just observed. After some time, he felt the need to move and circled around the ceremony to the opposite side, still remaining in the rear. He sat on a log and continued to observe. A woman, Mary, got up from the ceremony and walked to the back and sat down next to Gauge. She began to weep, lightly at first then into a more serious weeping. He turned to her and asked if she was ok and she replied that she wasn't but needed no assistance. She continued crying and then her breathing became very labored and then began to vomit. Gauge then realized she was in need of medical attention and summoned help from another friend who was attending the ceremony. "Dark Side" (NA) responded and got help from the medical staff who were also at the ceremony. She was going into aniphilactic shock and it was very serious. Mary was transported to the nearest medical facillity and eeventually recovered fully, but at the time, she was a mess. Her husband didn't even recognize her. If Gauge wasn't directed to that spot by the "winds", it was likely that she would not have been found by anyone till it was too late. We almost lost her. I believe that he was instrumental in saving her life as he listened to his inner vision and the winds. It was determined later that she had 40 ant bites and had a severe alllergic reaction to them....

These events, coming from them are amazing, but they don't shock me. I almost expect it from them. They have learned well.......

I thought I would share this with everyone and maybe folks could begin to see things a little differently than they do now. I'm not looking to change what folks believe in, but rather just they way they look at things....

Obligatory zook content.... Steve was a zooker until he gave his 88 1/2 to me. Woooooooo Hoooooooo!

All Good Medicine,
Crow

Creator, everything we do leaves a track. May our tracks be ones we would want you to see and others to follow......

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-31-2001, 02:45 PM

Re: OT... Good Medicine.....

Though not as spiritual CrowHorse. I love it when I go hunting. I arrive early in the woods. I set for a couple of hours and watch the forest wake. It has to be one of the greatest feelings. It sometimes seems that the animals know you are there but they accept you. I have had birds land on me amadillos and racoons come up and sniff me. I even had a bobcat come and sit not even ten yards from me and I knew he knew I was there.
That was a great piece you wrote there.

Marc Haught
[email protected]
www.serioussami.rockcrawler.com
post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-31-2001, 03:49 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Crow,
Several years ago I went back to bow hunting. I got a traditional recurve bow and started to hunt my freinds farm. I usually get more deer than anyone else. Because I can read the signs that wildlife leave behind. My freind Jim is now learning the art of the bow as well and he's doing better than the others that go stomping through the woods. Learn to read and follow the wind and you'll be surprised at what you'll see.I have had deer walk up to within 5 feet of me and just stand there looking at me.
ROB

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-31-2001, 11:50 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

Thanks Marc, but that is how it was told to me, no embelishments.
Once one enters the woods and allows themselves to fall into the flow of creation, a sort of communion develops. I think it as entering the spirit-that-moves-through-all-things... a collective consciousness of all that is. It is here we find that we are all brothers and sisters from the same mother. It is hard to put into words, but I know you know what I mean.....

All Good Medicine,
Crow

Creator, everything we do leaves a track. May our tracks be ones we would want you to see and others to follow......

post #5 of (permalink) Old 09-01-2001, 12:01 AM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

Rob....You are exactly right! "We" walk wrong, see wrong and hear wrong. No wonder when "hunters" that bring the din of society into the woods that they see precious little. Those that can understand and fit into the flow, see a thousand times more.
About 5 years ago, I was able to coax a doe up to me and while it leaned forward towards me, I leaned towards it and gave it a light kiss on the snoot. It leaped back, stood it's ground and if deer can have expressions, this one certainly said "How rude"! It did again respond to my coaxing and I was able to give it a good scratch behind the ears and back. It was beyond my wildest dreams and I'll never forget the feeling of "oneness" and exilleration.
I think Steve got the idea of bear smooching from this.

All Good Medicine,
Crow

post #6 of (permalink) Old 09-01-2001, 07:33 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I'm glad that you kissed a doe or I would have started to wonder about you!! LOL I don't think that kissing a bear would have been an enlightening experience thought, maybe painful. If you don't find a bottle let me know I have a stock SAMURAI bottle here.
ROB

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode