Front steering stabalizer p/n - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-31-2001, 03:04 AM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

Front steering stabalizer p/n

zzzzzzzz, I am soooo tired. Ok, the stock steering stabalizer is no larger than a #2 pencil. I did some reasearch and found a great replacement for the wuzzy one. The "kit" everyone has listed in their parts book requires this dumb a$$ adapter thinggie to work right (more stuff to break, go wrong, miss parts, sigh....). The Gabriel "SILVER E" series of steering stabalizer with the part number: 6801SE. I have heard bad about the rancho kits that bolt to the axle and the tie rod so I found this one. It is great! The steering stabalizer is abou 2~3" in diamater! The lengths are perfect (with a little to spare on the extention), it is cheaper thatn the steering stabalizer they have for the suzuki samurai + the dag gummet lame kit that they never have in stock! Check out NCO's site, the calmini steering stabalizer they stock is the same or very very similar to the one the guy @ the counter said would work with the zook, and then there is that ([email protected]#(@#$(&#@$(&#@ adapter thing that they did not have instock. Luck me, the guy is real nice, I bring mine in, check this, that, woo that looks like it'll work, nope, check this one, wooo, perfect match, OUCH 34.00!, ok, shweew, cheaper than $20 +19.99 for that, you guessed it!
I am very very happy with the new steering stabalizer I have on my zook now, makes a large difference! Suggest getting this one vs. any other....

I'm LOCKED!
Got zook?I do,88.5 spoa'd on 29'shttp://www.geocities.com/bik3r
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-31-2001, 06:12 AM
Can't Get Enough

Re: Front steering stabalizer p/n

Old Man Emu make a good replacement stabilizer too. I got mine from RRO - can't remember the cost, but it is about twice the size of the stock stabilizer and mounts to existing hardware - no extra "bolt-on" brackets!

Scott Trester - '88.5 Suzuki Samurai
http://RockPile4x4.tripod.com/Scott.html
post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-31-2001, 06:25 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Front steering stabalizer p/n

A friend of mine has a Rancho stabilizer on his Zook. It looks like a regular shock and even has a red boot on it. Said it stiffened up the steering a tiny bit, but it's alot nicer to drive with it than the old worn out one. He runs Calmini 3 inch lift springs so he's used to stiff!

1991 Zuk 33X15.50 TSL SX's, 1.6 16 Valve
M-Links, Hybrid rear w/disc brakes, 5.12's LOCKED
Zuk hybrid rears in front & CJ fronts in rear
Rides like a Japanese Cadillac!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode