DougO, YJ kit??????? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-30-2001, 03:46 PM Thread Starter

DougO, YJ kit???????

The yj kit you have pictures posted about in your "home made YJ kit" post. Did it raise the rear end when you did this? did it cause you to have to lengthen your rear drive shaft? What springs did you use 4,5, 6 leaf or what? I have a guy willing to give me a set of yj springs so I thought I may try to run sami rears in front and yj's in the rear, do you think that will work? anyone else have an opinioin?

88 hardtop, custom SPOA, 31's, Calmini T-Case(comming soon,not any more d**n it!)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-30-2001, 04:09 PM
GRW

Re: DougO, YJ kit???????

I have that on my Sami, with missing link front and rear.
It works great, my only problem now is I need to go to a longer shock (my limiting factor). I have the four leave YJ's on right now. They are ok if you run light (I have a 6 and 4 year old that ride in back, most of the time). I had a couple of adults in the back this year at Moab and it was obvious I needed the five leave springs in there. It was a real bummer, had to limit myself on trails. I have two older kids and need to find a pair of five leaver's.

Gary

post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-30-2001, 04:18 PM
Pooh-Bah

I used to have 3" national springs and 2" lift shackle in my rear, the stock 5 pack YJ's lifted it about a inch more then that. I also have a centered Sidekick rear so I had a toyota front Double Cardan shaft shortened to fit, it was alright with the stock YJ springs but now I have procomp 2.5" lift springs in the rear so I need to get a new rear sharft as the toy shaft cant handle that angle at extreme flex .. gonna get a new DC shaft from Arizona Drivelines whihc will handle up to 40* when I have the money in about a month

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-30-2001, 04:24 PM

I'm running the Canyon State kit and had 5 leafs up front and 4 leafs in the rear. Even with the zuk empty and just running on the road I found that the 4 leaf packs were not stiff enough.

When I went to SoR with it loaded down with camping gear I was constantly bottoming out in the rough stuff.

I have since replaced them with a pair of 5 leaf packs so I'm now running 5 leaf packs all around.

You can also get some 6 leaf packs from JC Whitney for about $60 each.

I did not have to touch my rear driveshaft until I went spring over. I ended up gaining about 4 inches with just the YJ kit in the rear. I had no problems with driveshaft length at that height. It was only when I went to 9 inches of total lift that I had d/s problems.

Mark
1986 Suzuki Samurai soft-top
1999 Toyota Tacoma
http://members.home.net/marvinmartian
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode