LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-30-2001, 03:27 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Post deleted by billtooley

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-30-2001, 03:32 PM
mike shannon

Re: WAGONEER AXLES? WOULD THESE WORK O.K.?

hey i run a tracker rear full size in my zook and it has held up fine. but i did go to a toy drive shaft[they have a butt load of movement] i drive mine to work all the time and its a 90 mile round trip. and the rear is still in the stock location. later mike

zuks and toys
post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-30-2001, 05:04 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Crawling up out of my hole...

Hey Bill,

If i recall correctly, the NON-Q-trac wagoneer front axles all had the diff on the drivers(left) side. Same as the CJ/YJ's. Wrong side for a stock zuk t-case...

Also, if i recall correctly, ALL yota Land Cruisers, including FJ40,FJ45,FJ55,FJ60,FJ80 have front and rear axles offset to the passenger(right) side. The yota hilux/mini truck axles have a centered rear and passenger(right) offset front.

Anyone, please correct me if i'm wrong...

What we need is a post with FACTS!!! regarding offset, and exact width measurments for the d44 and yota axle options.
I have exact measurements for the FJ60 & wide trac waggy q-trac axles, but not here at work. I have a set of each of these at home. In my opinion, the wide trac q-trac axles are TOO wide. IIRC like 65"-67" at wms.

In my opinion, (other than custom built dynatracs or curries) the FJ60 and Narrow trac waggy axles are the best choices for under a zuk. Both are a good compromise of extra width for stability, and to keep larger tires off the springs, and at the same time not too wide for tight trails. The FJ60 are ~ 58" at wms, the NARROW trac waggy , q-trac d44 axles are also ~ 58" at wms.

I will try to post some exact measurements from home...

L8ter...
Dana
Marion, Iowa
ZUKon!

http://www.stomperzuk.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-30-2001, 09:39 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

if it had a amc 20 rear it had a d/side pumpkin on the front d44. sorry but unless you are swapping your x-case too...no deal.

besides the q-track version is the one to have and they usually are not hard to find or cost that much$$$ when you do. skip those and get the ones froma a q-track wag.

brian wilson
80 cj5 "high 5"
stretched to 100" wb
vortec350/4L80E/d300/d60fr/14br/detroits/4.56/38's
post #5 of (permalink) Old 08-31-2001, 09:38 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

uhhh dooh ooghh. these have a passenger side front diff and the waggy 20 is plenty strong as it has 1 piece axles. so please give advice based on this. my post should have been how well does a centered rear work for people that are using it with massive articulation?????? as far as the cruiser goes, several of the older ones were mix and max just like jeeps and did have a centered rear with an extreme angle on the rear driveshaft from the factory. my first 4x4 was a cruiser and i've seen several this way. i usually beleive what i'm told unless my eyes tell a different story. anyways, will a centered diff work well with an offset t-case and about 26" long rear drivshaft??? lemme know. thanks again.

87 sammy (RAIL BUGGY) PROJECT 50 % complete. isuzu/chevy luv motor, auto tranny, tube chassis,3 link coils rear,at least 35" boggers, and whatever else i can get a deal on and modify.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 08-31-2001, 10:58 AM
mike shannon

thats whay i am running in my zook a centered diff in the rear. but i had to finally replace the zook drive shaft because it just doesn't have enough angle to work with. it will be fine on your buggy. but if i were you i would go with the land cruiser axles. if that guy will sell them cheap enough. mike

zuks and toys
post #7 of (permalink) Old 08-31-2001, 12:44 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

changed my mind but same scenario, gonna use blazer axles dana 44 front and 12 bolt rear. $200 bucks already welded. same amount of work and same brakes as waggy's + they are even wider, i may never roll again. at least sideways. thanks mike. i just hate birfields

87 sammy (RAIL BUGGY) PROJECT 50 % complete. isuzu/chevy luv motor, auto tranny, 2 t-cases nissan/zook 7.5:1,tube chassis,4link coils rear,36"tsl's, waggy axles welded.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 08-31-2001, 01:43 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

A guy in my club has that exact set up and nearly doubled his flex, or so it appears. The extra length give his axle less angle and I saw him out flex a 1/4 rear and missing links with just stock spring and missing links front and rear. Very cool setup.

I Work to Wheel, because I wheel, I work.
http://www.geocities.com/zuk_tonka/zuk.html
post #9 of (permalink) Old 08-31-2001, 02:17 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

HEY JHS, GOT ANY PICS OF IT??????

87 sammy (RAIL BUGGY) PROJECT 50 % complete. isuzu/chevy luv motor, auto tranny, 2 t-cases nissan/zook 7.5:1,tube chassis,4link coils rear,36"tsl's, waggy axles welded.
post #10 of (permalink) Old 08-31-2001, 02:36 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Not right now but I can give you his # and you can call him. He has a samurai junk yard with about 30 samurais and a few sidekicks/trackers. His name is JR and he sells most of the parts you guys are getting from trail tough to trail tough as far as I know. Anyway he is a cool guy who loves to talk Shop he can tell you what you need to know. BTW I saw him go up slick rock at tellico his rig was amazing.

JR
256-463-7501

He should be home any minute now.

I Work to Wheel, because I wheel, I work.
http://www.geocities.com/zuk_tonka/zuk.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode