Suzuki LSD vs Powerbrute LSD - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-30-2001, 01:27 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Suzuki LSD vs Powerbrute LSD

I have been patiently waiting for over a year for Powertrax to announce their new NoSlip model for the Samurai. Last year they told me it would be about six months. I just found out from Ken Hammond at Powertrax.com that they are NOT going to make it for the Samurai, but that they might for the Sidekick/Tracker.
Conseqently, I am back looking at Limited Slips. I don't want a full Locker, as this is my daily driver.
Can anyone tell me what the differences are between the Suzuki LSD as sold by Calmini, and the PowerBrute LSD. They both seem to be about the same price, but I haven't been able to locate any info on either one.
Any information appreciated.

<A HREF="http://tkendig.tripod.com/suzuki.htm" target="_new">
Da Zuk tkendig.tripod.com/suzuki.htm</A>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-30-2001, 06:03 AM
Addict

Re: Suzuki LSD vs Powerbrute LSD

From my understanding, there is only one LSD. It is made by Suzuki (it was an option in some markets). Other companies simply buy this LSD and resell it.

1988.5 Zuk: OD Green Paint, ARB Bumper, OME Lift, 1.6 engine, ISKY DP Cam, Weber Carb, CF II Clutch, 4.16 Transfer, etc.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-30-2001, 09:42 AM
Pooh-Bah

Tractech has thier gearless available for the samurai

http://www.tractech.com/App4.html

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-30-2001, 12:34 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

All Samurai LSD's are made by the same company.

Gearless lockers are available for the Samurai... though there's been a bit of trouble with the early models. We don't have them posted on our website since the cost seemed a bit much for most Zuk folks to swallow (still less than the LSD though). Email me if you want some more information on them.

http:// www.rocky-road.com
post #5 of (permalink) Old 08-30-2001, 02:01 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

For the price they want you can lock front and rear diffs. But if thats what you want I would try calling around to your local juck yards to locate sammies and then go out there and start spinning tires. If that does not work you can buy one then. I still a bit curious about the spin test thought. It seems to me all the limited slips I have ever had did not spin both tires is the same direction like the folks on the list describe. Like I had a trac-lock and to get it to lock up it needed RPM's to get the friction disks to engage. .02

I Work to Wheel, because I wheel, I work.
http://www.geocities.com/zuk_tonka/zuk.html
post #6 of (permalink) Old 08-30-2001, 04:57 PM
Pooh-Bah

If they were old, the clutches were probably worn out, also it needs the additive if it wasnt added that could have caused problems .. also a true "posi" I believe from what I remember at tech school will spin opposite while idle as the posi works off gear deflection and it will press the gears out during hard acceleration or slippage locking it wheel that lost traction.

post #7 of (permalink) Old 08-30-2001, 05:39 PM

I've run the limited slips and like them but at $400 they sure are expensive. For another $200 you could have an ARB air locker.
Just a thought.

rollerskate
(That's what I was told my Samurai resembles)[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/mad.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode