Online Gurus What Would You Do?????? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-29-2001, 10:57 AM Thread Starter

Online Gurus What Would You Do??????

OK heres the story:

I was trying to buy a T-case from a guy online. He said it was like new, he had just purchased it in Dec. of last year. He was getting rid of it because he was swapping out everything and going with a bigger engine tranny tcase and all. We haggled around a bit and decided on a price. We both agreed to the price, negotiations over right? WRONG. The next day I get an email that says the swap he was doing fell through and he now wants more than 2X what we had already agreed on. So of course I say hell no. So we enter into a new haggling period that takes about two more weeks(because on average it takes him about two days to answer an email now). By this time I was getting a little upset. So after a couple of weeks he emails me and says, 'I feel like I am screwing you, I will give it to you for the original deal'. So I say ok great. By now I am having my doubts about the guy so I ask if we can do this purchase as a COD. He says ok. I give him my address and he says he will send it. A week goes by, nothing, I email him 2 or 3 times, no answer. SO finally I call him on the phone, He says he is having trouble with shipping, they want to charge more but he will take care of it and ship it out to me that night, I say fine send me an email with a tracking number when you get it. Another week goes by and no word or package.

What would you do?

I don't think I am going to buy it now, he has pissed me off too much. Besides here is the deal, He has a case with the calmini kit in it(supposedly), which also had the other bearings and shafts replaced when the kit was installed(supposedly). He was selling me the case, the reinforced arms, and a shifter knob for what I could buy my own kit for new from calmini. Oh BTW the lifetime warranty on calminis gears is non transferable, so if I buy them used there is no warranty.

When I say what would you do, I mean would you post his name so people here on the board can steer clear of him and no one else will have to deal with all this crap? or what?
Please everyone give advice, If you have ever purchased something online you are an expert here, give your opinion.
Thanks, F_T

88 hardtop, custom SPOA, 31's, Calmini T-Case(comming soon)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-29-2001, 11:00 AM
mike shannon

Re: Online Gurus What Would You Do??????

screw it buy your own gears and put it in. its not that hard you just need a press. mike

zuks and toys
post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-29-2001, 11:09 AM
Enthusiast

Walk away. I had a similar issue with some suzuki parts on e-bay. Once it gets like that who knows what will happen? Your time and effort are worth something and it sounds to me like he is pissing it away on you.

T-cases are cheap if you are patient. Buying the rest of the gear at retail prices is no deal. Buy them from the vendor, all at once and you'll probably save the shipping too plus get the warrantee like you say.

c.
--
http://root.moose.ca/~chris

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-29-2001, 11:20 AM

Looks like you know what to do, and I see the actual question you're askin': Should I expose this guy to the rest of the community?

Egad, that's a hard one! Initially, I say yes. We all build up a rep, and we all want to trust one another to stick by our promises. There should be such retributions for breaking your word. It will suck to do it, but the right thing is usually harder to do than just walkin' away.

Hope this helps.

Pillard
'87 Sami, 5.5" SpOA, 33" Pro-Comps, Snorkel, 8k winch, 23" buggy-leafs, Cal 4.16 t-case, Lkd Frt, welded rear, 8-point Roll Cage, etc, etc.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 08-29-2001, 11:54 AM
WSB

I would say the hell with this Loser and buy your own gears, they are not that
difficult to install! I would post his name hear and anywhere else so others could steer clear of this guy. He sounds like a real freakin JackA$$ to deal with.

Wayne

post #6 of (permalink) Old 08-29-2001, 12:19 PM Thread Starter

If that is the consensus of the group I have no problem posting his name. I just didn't want to seem like I was trashing someone for no good reason. I am not like that, I am more of a 'turn the other cheek person' in general. But I want to do what is right!

88 hardtop, custom SPOA, 31's, Calmini T-Case(comming soon,not any more d**n it!)
post #7 of (permalink) Old 08-29-2001, 12:39 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Under the circumstances, buy the gears brand new and at least you'll have warranty. As for the guy's name.......I wouldn't post it here, but what you could do is send it private message to whoever is curious. Personally, I'd like to know who it is just for future reference, so private message me if you don't mind.

post #8 of (permalink) Old 08-29-2001, 12:41 PM
I Do This For The Glory

I would also just buy my own gears, and definitely be done with this person.

I'd also be curious as to the name, but don't drag it through the mud too much, it's just one incident and we don't know the details behind his decision.

I know I'm not the greatest at times, like those damn light mounts I keep forgetting to send out. I try to make good on a deal though, after all, a deal is a deal and that's your reputation.

JEEPN
Winter Harbor, Maine
'81 CJ-8 Scrambled, It's a Jeep, Chevy, IHC kinda thing!
'88.5 Zuki, 7" Lift, Locked, Swamped, Rolled, and just generally broken in right!
post #9 of (permalink) Old 08-29-2001, 12:47 PM Thread Starter

This sounds like a much better idea.

Anyone who wants the name of this guy please indicate it here and I will send you a private message.
Thanks for your help guys,
F_T

88 hardtop, custom SPOA, 31's, Calmini T-Case(comming soon,not any more d**n it!)
post #10 of (permalink) Old 08-29-2001, 12:58 PM Thread Starter

JEEPN, I tried to send you a private message to let you know his name and you are not accepting them. Let me know how you want to recieve this info. Thanks, F_T

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode