post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-28-2001, 09:31 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

rgd

heres those pics i promised ya.
BiLLy bOb

Do unto others as you want done to you!
If you pack it in, pack it out!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 28-526091-Img10mini1.jpg (60.5 KB, 3 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-28-2001, 09:33 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

Re: rgd

nother one...
BiLLy bOb

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 28-526096-Img14mini2.jpg (81.2 KB, 3 views)
post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-28-2001, 10:38 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

BillyBob I haven't seen any of those driving around my area in quite some time but I'll start looking through the classifieds for you. I didn't get a chance to stop by and talk to the guy with the Morris Minor today but I'll try tomorrow. Maybe he has a line on some local yokel who is hoarding all of them. Kind of like a Northern BillyBob but with Minis instead of Samurais.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-28-2001, 10:55 PM
Keyboard Implanted

OHHHH MYYYYY GOSH!!!!!!!!

My very first car at the tender age of eighteen was a '62 Mini 850...

Like all Limey cars, it was a portable oil leak but BOY DID IT CORNER LIKE A BRICK SH!t-HOUSE!

{sigh}

To this day, I miss her... So much so that I bought TWO Ford Festivas in '89 and '90 only on the fact that they came very close to looking and handling like my beloved Mini...

{sigh}

If someone were to walk up to me and offer me a fixer-upper, I'd take it in a HEARTBEAT! I'd even trade my [shudder] Samurai for one in decent shape that runs...

You are one lucky dawg, BillyBob. It's an automotive Classic.

if I run across the pic of mine, I'll scan and upload it. It's somewhere in a filing cabinet buried in my basement...

Ackerdackerly and

'Ol Yellow Wheels before...
post #5 of (permalink) Old 08-28-2001, 11:20 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Is that the straight mini or is that the cooper series? Those little cars can outperform a mustang on the race track! I've seen it, really funny looking too. Kickin' car BB

I'm LOCKED!
Got zook?I do,88.5 spoa'd on 29'shttp://www.geocities.com/bik3r
post #6 of (permalink) Old 08-29-2001, 08:52 AM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

rgd, i sure would appreciate it if you would just keep a eye open up there, its not a dedicated mission to get done right now. got plenty of other stuff to do. that willys MB in the background is going on the zuk drivetrain of the stocker i had at the melt. got my hands full right there... PLUS, no garage to work in...... you hook me up rgd, i can hook you up too man. need a 1.6 complete with efi, n harness? and 2wd tranny for zuk? just a thought, sure we can trade somehow if you are interested.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

ack, would love to see pics of your mini man. i havent ever been priviledged enough to actually ride on one, but i have loved em since i was about 7 years old.... can still remember my off brand matchbox car, had a wild man style head coming out the front of the roof and the motor stuffed right behind him coming out of the roof too. it was a red car. still have it somewheres. amazing what we end up keeping over time huh? yup, i agree, id trade a zuk in a HEARTBEAT for a mini. might be a sweet stocker with efi, i got tooo much invested in zuktanic, im gonna hang onto her. but id find a way to get it. wooof, woooof ack, i just have class when it comes to collectables. got a 40 ford half ton pickup. its in dire straights. needs help fast and lots of it, but its still there. got a 69 pontiac bonniville, 428/slipo, runs like a scalded dog. clocked at 143 mph. deputy said, he wasnt even going to bother with me, he'd see me in town in the next week or so. look forward to seein a pic ack.....

nowhere, i wish it was a actual cooper. its just a standard austin mini. morris was a few years later i think. seen em in several older english movies. even on the gt5 circuit today, they clean clocks. gotta love em man!!!!
BiLLy bOb

post #7 of (permalink) Old 08-29-2001, 09:11 AM
Keyboard Implanted

On speedvision or ESPN a while back they were racing on a circut. They are so gd light! The mustangs had the power, but the tires would suffer, minis would just drive around them @ 1000 mph.. Mini's are cool..

I'm LOCKED!
Got zook?I do,88.5 spoa'd on 29'shttp://www.geocities.com/bik3r
post #8 of (permalink) Old 08-29-2001, 05:42 PM
Keyboard Implanted

BTW, Does she have rubber doughnut suspension or crosslinked Hydrolastic???

'62 (i think) was the last year for the doughnut suspension...

I noticed that she is a left-hander! KEWL!

Are we off-topic here??? Maybe we can drag this on 'til we catch the Jeep BBS...

Ackerdackerly and

'Ol Yellow Wheels before...
post #9 of (permalink) Old 08-29-2001, 08:16 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

amen nowhere, minis rock. too bad i have only been able to dream about them for all these years. only drove mine while being pulled around with john deer lawn tractor. thats it... still enough to make me want another one.......

ack, mine has the dry suspension. wet suspension didnt come out till a few years later than mine. mine is a 57-59 model. not sure on exact year. dont remember the exact year that wets came out. i could dig out my books n find it, but thats a act of congress and the efforts of the entire zuk comunity here to go through the "storage room" to find my box of zuk referance material. oh well. another year maybe.... nooo sireee, we arent off topic, after seeing tessels pic under smittys post about body swaps, im thinking more n more n more n more about doing copying the fender cutouts on my rig. my willys can wait for yet another zuk to donate its running gear. had the mini longer anyways....... hummmmm, whos up to a nice winter project???? gotta help me build a garage first, im buyin drinks(your choice) and providin slop to eat.....[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img] who's up for it??????????????
BiLLy bOb

post #10 of (permalink) Old 08-29-2001, 08:52 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Count me in BB. Hmmmm, how long a drive is that now? Seriously I'd love to help you but as soon as I got there I'd have to turn back for home. Would enjoy some of your cookin again though. It's slop, but it's damn good slop.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode