big engine - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-27-2001, 08:01 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

big engine

I was wondering if anyone has tryed putting a big engine in a sammy, i was thinking about extending the front end a little bit, and try to squeeze a 350 in there. any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-27-2001, 08:29 PM
Enthusiast

Re: big engine

The problem with that is you lose the biggest advantage 'Zuks have....light weight!
I remember seeing a pic of some guy who put a 454 in a 'Zuk, along with full-size axles, etc...looked wrong....

Member of the Christian Off-Road Association.
If God didn't want us to play in the dirt and rocks, He wouldn't have made the Earth out of it!
post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-27-2001, 08:31 PM
Keyboard Implanted

go for it man, a guy in NC is doing the conversion now, there was one at zukimelt with it done, seen a few for sale done already too. look for heavier axles though. you will bust stockers.
BiLLy bOb

Do unto others as you want done to you!
If you pack it in, pack it out!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-27-2001, 08:36 PM
Enthusiast

saw one in ottawa, boy did it rip! handled like a wet noodle! personally I'd keep it light , that's the suzuki advantage! - mike

post #5 of (permalink) Old 08-28-2001, 07:07 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

The 350's I have seen end up mounting the radiator in the rear, one even up on the rails baja style. It's insane, really. Put it on the rocks and somethings going to break eventually, first time you need to power it up or out of a sticky point SNAP... or you twist the frame. Too much torque, too much power. What's the point? I think the 4.3 is about the heaviest I would consider, and that I wouldn't do with leaf springs. But that is another thread in itself. [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Neal the Zukiguy

88.5 Weber carb, header, 4.16 t-case, 31x10.5 M/T's, 2" s/r, 2 1/2" bod lift, front tube, Swift seats, on-board air
post #6 of (permalink) Old 08-28-2001, 07:31 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Since Zuk Jr isn't around to post this at the moment, here's a picture of his friend's (the guy in NC) mostly complete 350 powered Samurai.

Looks to be a really nice fit...it was pretty tight up front, but would JUST have room to put the radiator in. Bad part was that he cut out the wheel wells prior to getting his headers, then found out that he had plenty of room after all.

SPUDZUKI
'87 stock Samurai, lots of work to be done
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 28-525953-08150008b.jpg (69.1 KB, 0 views)
post #7 of (permalink) Old 08-30-2001, 01:14 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Well not having read any of the other posts all I can say is ............why? Out of the box samurais are VERY capable vehicles. Granted I opted for the lesser of two evils and charged as opposed to swapped. But there is a fellow here in Mi. that races his 350 powered sammy on a sand drag strip and he can not control it. so again WHY?

If off-roading is a jeep thing then why is it that the jeep guys don't drive a zook?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode