Body Swap.... - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-26-2001, 11:51 PM Thread Starter
I Might Just Know What I'm Talking About

Body Swap....

A buddy of mine has this thing sitting by his garage... It is an electric powered van. The wheelbase of this thing is so close to a Sammy it's scary, but, alas...my Sammy hasn't succumbed to the plague of rust yet. May have to look for one that has....maybe put a V8 in it....HHMMMM!!!

When I die I wanna' be buried in my Samurai....cause I haven't found a hole it can't climb out of yet!!! [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
http://www.angelfire.com/in3/smitty808
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 28-524032-electravan1.jpg (72.2 KB, 1 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-27-2001, 11:01 AM

Re: Body Swap....

you must do a body swap...Post-haste!!!

THat would be very interesting to meet on a tral.!!!

DO it... come on, Do it...

But hey, no peer pressure though!!!!

-How many injuries or mishaps have happend after saying to you friends, "Hey, Watch this!!"
post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-27-2001, 11:49 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Has anyone ever measured out a VW van to see how it compares. I think that would be a very cool swap too.

Smitty808, get on that project. At least you know you'd have a "one of a kind" on the trail, or on the street for that matter.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-27-2001, 12:07 PM
Keyboard Implanted

hey smitty, that would be a heckova conversion man. definately different. been thinkin on slappin my morris mini on zuk with 35s. but keep trying to kill the urge. dont wanna do it, cant seem to find a donor vehicle to fix mini though..

rgd, a vw bus would make a sweet 4x4, but you got some things to deal with. in the conversion, a bus is rear engine to start with. would have to completely fab up a engine compartment in the front. think the wheel base is longer on a bus too. not sure. you dont know of any old morris minis up your ways do you rgd? you canukians got em till the early 80s, us mericans only had em till the late 60s. rotted wrecked, doesnt matter, i got a cherry body, need drive train and title.
BiLLy bOb

Do unto others as you want done to you!
If you pack it in, pack it out!
post #5 of (permalink) Old 08-27-2001, 12:47 PM

I know where there's a similiar van sitting. This one's about the same size but it's some European van. I never thought of putting something like that on a Sami but now that you've mentioned it...

AARRRRRRRG! 1987 Red JX 'vert, 4.5 BREEZE SPOA, SJ410 T-case (not sure how I like it), 29 Super Swampers (31 BFG M/T knock offs - eventually) AARRRRRRRG!
post #6 of (permalink) Old 08-27-2001, 07:49 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

BillyBob, I'll keep my eyes and ears open for one. I'll also talk to Yodazuk and see if the guy he did some work for (Morris Minor on a Samurai frame) knows of any. Hell, the guy's gas station is three miles from my front door. I'll go see him myself tomorrow and see what he knows.

post #7 of (permalink) Old 08-27-2001, 08:01 PM
Keyboard Implanted

oooh oooh oooh oooh oooh oooh oooh oooh oooh oooh oooh, use an austin mini cooper body!!!!!!

I'm LOCKED!
Got zook?I do,88.5 spoa'd on 29'shttp://www.geocities.com/bik3r
post #8 of (permalink) Old 08-27-2001, 08:15 PM
Enthusiast

I always thought that the 4x4 tercel wagons would be neat to lift might be a bit long for a samurai swb - mike

post #9 of (permalink) Old 08-27-2001, 08:24 PM
Keyboard Implanted

rgd, i sure would appreciate it man. since im $$$ poor though, is there any nice rust free southern zuk parts you need??? hint, hint, hint???[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] sure would be nice to have it running finally. mine has a 1300 in it, not original. it was a 850 originaly. like i said, rust, who cares, wrecked, who cares, as long as it will start and run and proves to be a good drive train, thats what matters to me.

nowhere, thats exactly what i got. mine is a standard mini though, not a cooper. if it were in fact a original cooper, i'd have it completely redone to show room specs. those things command buuukuuuuu dinero....
BiLLy bOb

Do unto others as you want done to you!
If you pack it in, pack it out!
post #10 of (permalink) Old 08-28-2001, 06:07 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

smitty you need to to look closer at that little critter it's just like a vw the engine is in the rear on that as well done looked and thought of using my old frame with some sorta v8 and half ton drivetrain but tooooooo much work for me so I know you don't have the time....better leave that up to kev.

Dopey
If you can't get it muddy or take it to bed with you it's not worth having!

88 spoa,two shackles, 33's And 1967 ford tail lights, yeep rears and rears front shortly
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode