trailors-cant believe what they tell you. - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-26-2001, 08:55 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

trailors-cant believe what they tell you.

I tried out my new 3500# trailor that I paid $950.00 for today.I went to a parade about 30 miles away,paved roads,with a few dips.The trailor neck bend down 3" and spread out about 3/4" at the cross brace.The paint has seperated in several other places,telling me there has been a lot more stress on this trailor than it can take.I hope the company will repair or replace it.They knew what I was going to carry on it and they said[not in writing] that it would carry my sami ,no problem.So for the rest of you good people, dont buy a trailor rated at 3500#,unless you get in writing that they will guarantee it will carry the load-car or other stuff.Just a little VENT,RR

THANK GOD FOR VETERANS AND SUZUKIS-BOTH KEEP YOU FREE. FOUNDER;INDIANA SUZUKI EMERGENCY RESPONSE TEAM
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-26-2001, 09:10 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Re: trailors-cant believe what they tell you.

hey RR, sorry to hear the probs. check with a lawyer, see if a "verbal agreement/promise" is binding in IN. in tennessee, i can sue em for just sayin it, cause in tenn, a verbal agreement/promise of that sort is binding and subject to all laws as a written agreement. that does stink though on your problems. what kind of trailer is it? made from angle iron like my black tandem, the one i brought to fab fest? if its like that, i wouldnt give a pinch of bird stink for it. i could buy the one i have for $300 from the actual owner, but i got it on a borrow deal. i take care of it, i keep it till he needs it. i put in a floor and several pairs of tail lites on it, tires, rims etc.... no reason to buy it. to top it, mine is a "lawn/utility" type trailer. the tongue in it is welded on to the frame and only extends back approx 18 inches from the front of the traieler. its raited for 1K, maybe 2k, NOT SURE, but i have had 9,000 LBS on there before. it handled it. it was bowed and paint flacked off everywhere, but it handled it. will never do that again though. kinda like pulling a car on a trailer with a samurai. can be done. been there, done it, not fun......
good luck on dealing with em rick...
BiLLy bOb

Do unto others as you want done to you!
If you pack it in, pack it out!
post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-27-2001, 09:26 AM

Take it back and make them honor the sale. They sold you a 3500lb trailer. It failed. There shouldn't be any argument if they are a good company. I run a 3500lb trailer single axle and have never had any complaints. I have the axle moved back twelve inches to stop that trailer wobble. It puts more weight on the tongue.
I would go in with an open mind instead of an angry one.

Marc Haught
[email protected]
www.serioussami.rockcrawler.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-27-2001, 10:06 AM
Keyboard Implanted

agreed sami, good to know where you stand legally too though, was all i was saying.
BiLLy bOb

post #5 of (permalink) Old 08-27-2001, 12:01 PM

No doubt Billy Bob.

Marc Haught
[email protected]
www.serioussami.rockcrawler.com
post #6 of (permalink) Old 08-27-2001, 08:13 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

I talked with the distributor and he said it was out of his hands.He said when he called the factory,they passed him straight to the owner and he didnt even want to talk about it.They refuse to do anything about it.So I get free legal service thru my union and I will charge them for the repairs that I have had to make to the trailor to get home.It cost me less that $40.00 in steel to make the repairs.I will post the name of the company so that we may all avoid the company,RR

THANK GOD FOR VETERANS AND SUZUKIS-BOTH KEEP YOU FREE. FOUNDER;INDIANA SUZUKI EMERGENCY RESPONSE TEAM
post #7 of (permalink) Old 08-27-2001, 08:25 PM
Keyboard Implanted

thanks for the update rick, lookin forward to knowing what company it is.
BiLLy bOb

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode