Off Roading Forums banner

My life sucks Pt.2

445 views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  mudslide 
G
#1 ·
On my way out to find the Capn. I lost the water pump in my tow rig and 6 hours later I arrived home. My trip to collect him only cost $230. The water pump was out of stock at the parts store that I went to, but the owner of the store was kind enough to call another store that was open and get me one. Carrying tools really saved my bacon this time. I leaked coolant the whole way home. I hope this isn't an omen of things to come!! I didn't have the right wrench to get one bolt tight enogh that's why it leaked.
ROB

G
#2 ·
haha! sorry to hear you had such a bad day man...I hope I never experience somethin anything that bad any time soon though!LOL

" Go Cheap n' Smooth or Forget about it!"

Thanx
Studly
92 Zuki/235's/header/cherry bomb exhaust/Still Building
72 fj40/crate 350/33's/discs

#3 ·
I am soooooooo glad you made it home OK. And, glad that it was just a water pump that went up. I know that seems like a lot of $$ now but imagine if you hadn't caught it in time or had been in the boonies....

If there's anything I can do to help please let me know.

Pauly

AARRRRRRRG! 1987 Red JX 'vert, 4.5 BREEZE SPOA, SJ410 T-case (not sure how I like it), 29 Super Swampers (31 BFG M/T knock offs - eventually) AARRRRRRRG!

#5 ·
Since we're talking about bad days, here's what I did today:

Me and my wheelin' buddy both got new trucks recently, I got a Heep with 33's, and he got a 4x4 Nissan pickup with like 30" tires. We went to a big dirt area with a couple of swampy areas that we've both sunk our stock zuks in. We both went through the one that swallowed the zuks without a problem.
The next logical step was to try something deeper /wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif, So, he went first in the Nissan and didn't make it. I pulled him back out and I tried it. I got stuck too /wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif, but pulled my truck back, took a different path and made it through. At this point, phillip just had to make it through. He took yet another path and hit some really soft stuff - frame rail on the ground with mud to the hubs on all four wheels.
Ok, I'll just pull him back out. All four of my tires were spinning and the truck didn't move. At this point, we had quite an audience - all of the guys riding four wheelers and dirt bikes had stopped to watch the show. Tried pulling forward and back several times, wouldn't move an inch. We started digging an putting rocks under the tires, still wouldn't move. Two more trucks showed up - an old landcruiser and a f150 4x4. We tried the ford truck, and still couldn't get out.
Three hours later, we hooked the jeep up to the front of the pickup and the Ford to the front of the Jeep. The 8 wheels working together finally had enought traction to pull out the Nissan.
I really wish I would have had a camera. I'll have to go back and take a pic of the ruts we made pulling it out /wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif We were both covered in dirt and I bet that truck had 500lbs of mud stuck under it.
Anyway, that was my day. It was fun, but it sure was a lot of work /wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif

-Derek Schwab
'97 Sidekick Sport
'83 CJ-7

#6 ·
I tell ya,Ive had instances like that myself.Wheelin miles away from anyone(dumb move anyway)when my WP went.Fortunately,I always carry a gallon of water and all my tools and yes theres been times when they were needed.Remember..Its better to have and not need then to need and not have/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif.dschwab9-where in Ga are you?Always lookin for some muck to sink into/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif

Hey,I know a shortcut....../wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif

#8 ·
Ohh Yeah.Rich is great havent been up there in a while but saw on sfwda.com(southern four wheel drive)That the greenies are fighting to have this road closed/wwwthreads_images/icons/mad.gifDont know the outcome so far.Anderson Creek up that way is decent,but nuttin like Rich.Never been to BK but heard its great.Seems like alot of places are fallen in the grips of private ownership.I wheel flat rock up this way in Walton Co. but thats the only thing close.

Hey,I know a shortcut....../wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.