My life sucks.... - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-26-2001, 06:51 PM Thread Starter

My life sucks....

Man, my life sucks...

On the way to pick up the 91 Sami we broke down on the Pennsylvania turnpike and had to be towed off by the state hired "crooks" who swore up and down they could fix the car. What could I do?

They tore the engine down and confirmed what I had been saying all along...broken timing belt. So, they fixed it for $200.00 + $40.00 for the belt + $65.00 for towing. After a short night at a $70.00 motel we were headed back home with our tail between our legs and no 91 Sami... I accepted defeat and raced home so my wife could get to work. Well, 20 miles into the trip the engine died and we coasted in to a gas station in the middle of nowhere.

I called Robzuke's wife Melissa to see if they could come up with their trailer to tow our car back. She said they would, I gave them directions to where we were and haven't heard from them since. ROB, I HOPE YOU'RE ALRIGHT AND I'M SORRY I DRAGGED YOU OUT THIS MORNING!!!!

Anyway, after waiting for 8 hours for Rob to arrive and after having countless telephone arguments with the mother-in-law, we decided we needed to get home and hired a tow truck @ $2.50 a mile to get us home. But, after all was said and done he only charged us $340.00 for the 160 mile trip...

I'm off to cry in the dark for a while.

Again Rob, I'm VERY sorry you went out and looked for us but didn't find us. Thanks for trying! When I get financially caught up I'll take you and Melissa out for a nice dinner...

AARRRRRRRG! 1987 Red JX 'vert, 4.5 BREEZE SPOA, SJ410 T-case (not sure how I like it), 29 Super Swampers (31 BFG M/T knock offs - eventually) AARRRRRRRG!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-26-2001, 07:33 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: My life sucks....

Sorry to hear about your problems trying to get that 91.
I was down in Fort Knox KY. when my van had a fire in the engine compartment I ended up renting a U-Haul for $400 to get it home.

post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-26-2001, 07:38 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Bummer........

DannyL

http://www.partszuki.homestead.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-26-2001, 08:57 PM
Keyboard Implanted

sorry to hear that capn. i also had a bad saturday as far as zuks are concearned.
its long, be warned...
it all started out at 6am. up n out the door. off to knoxville tn to pick up some triumph spitfire parts. well, got a whole darn truck bed full and then head on down the road. dont even leave knoxville, low n behold, theres a dodge caravan on the side of the road with the hood up n steam raising like flames. well, whoop it over n ask if they needed help. yup, got very hot, now its spurtin back through the rad. cracked head prolly lookin at it. well, they say their from kentucky, well, thats behind me from where im headed. then they say, nooo, nashville tn is on the way. they go north from nashville to get home. sooo, being the good hearted s.o.b. that i am, i offer to load the van up on my empty trailer n take em to nashville. figure id drop em at nashville at a huge truck stop n let em fend for themselves. well, we get loaded, i get $25 from them for fuel. i figure im doing good, money in my pocket to drive the route i had to drive regardless. cooool. soo, were off towards nashville tn(165miles).... well, part way down there, they offer me $100 to take em on home. tell me they live """"JUST OUTSIDE Bowling Green KY"""""... sooo, i look at atlas, 55 miles north of nashville, for $100, what the he??.....done deal, were on our way. well, get almost to nashville, road crew is working on road. almost a hour shot there waiting. getting irritated cause of vehicles passing on the shoulder just to get up ahead of us n hold us up more cause now the idiots had to merge. so i get beside a huge kenworth n block the right lane AND shoulder. well, everybody ahead of us gets merged and we start moving again. finially its time for me to merge n we get on going. 5 more minutes down the road, the stinkin police have 5 lanes of trafic held back at 2mph. bridge construction, looked like they were placing concrete bariers on edge of overpass above I-state. so there goes another 1.5 hours in traffic. well, get clear of it, im really irritated n hot by now. sooo, off we go through nashville to I65 north bustin 70mph+ all the way. get headed north on I65, they got 4 lanes down to 1. GGRRRRRRRRRR[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/mad.gif[/img] couldnt give us 2 lanes, no sire, just one. to top it off, it was right where the round about (155) joins I-65 north. talk about irritated. there went 2 more hours. got close to junction, found a nice huge car hauler that was gonna work with me to keep back "merge jumpers" that were causing a hellova problem for everybody trying to merge so we could go. well, i start swerving across 2 lanes of traffic and a shoulder with a 16 ft trailer behind me FORCING traffic to stay back there. you got to understand, right about now, im really really irritated. got half a cup of hot water. all my ice had melted by now. well, get north of junction, all traffic is merged and coming up on the construction. low n behold theres a cop and road crew. well, im PISSSSEEEDDDD by now, so i remove the lid off my drink n heave whats left of the drink at the cop n road crew, while uttering some unholy words very very loudly to them.... you never seen people jump faster in their life... i figure id irritated em, so i floor it for the next 20 miles to the KY/TN state line. seeya suckers!!!!!! well, get on up to bowling green KY, 30 miles into KY, they tell me to jump on the toll road. ok, here we go, go through the first toll, pay it, then head off. all of a sudden, theres a freakin sign, next exit, 19 miles. what the f???........???????? well, drive on up the 19 miles, get told several times, were almost there. ok, head out on the back roads, 20 minutes later, ""we're almost there""..... well, when the he?? are we getting there?????????? finally, we arrive. one dude pays me the agreed $100, on top of the $25 i collected in knoxville, then his buddy digs out his bill fold n gives me another $25, the fist guy says hes got the bill taken care of, the second guy tells him to shut the F??? up, he was giving me some extra for all the darn problems caused by my helping em. well, i pocketed $150, but to tell ya the truth, it wasnt worth it. nope, not in the least. its 3:30 pm, im 4 hours away from the derned zuk i was supposed to pick up n im hot, sun burned and very very irritated. hit the road again, finally get back on interstate after getting some more pushwater. coming back up on nashville, theres a chevy ton truck on the side of the road, i just appologize to him. sorry dude, after getting side tracked as i just did, no way im stopping. already figuring 3am on ariving home. PLUS i loose a hour for time zone change, so its 4am. bummer, that sucks. arrive n get zuk, head on home. 80 mph++ to nashville where i topped off with pushwater again, closed my eyes n rested for a hour, then off toward the house. well, 90 all the way. 3am in the morning, no coper is gonna worry bout me. somewhere between where i topped with pushwater in nashville and the house, i lost the gas tank n skid plate off the trailer. wild zuk put it on there, dont know where, but when i went out today, it was gone. i didnt get pulled over sooo, i assume there was no witnesses when it came off. sooo, who cares where it is.... i finally got home at 6:30 am. took a shower, put more lotion on sunburn n hit the hay. it only took me 24.5 hours to make a standard 10-12 hour run. imagine that stink!!!! well, i learned one thing for sure. for me to stop n help another stranded motorist, it will be a female motorist with SEXXXYYYYY legs, a rich one with lots of money mercedes/bmw/lexus etc, or it will be a tow rig with a 4x4 race car etc... no more average joes. im tired of it. nope, caused me toooo much trouble for me being mr. nice guy.
there you have it. not a good day for me. definately not worth the $150 i got out of it.
but those who know me, no matter what i say now, i will stop for the next poor sob that is busted down.
just the way i am.
Lewis T. Scherer
a.K.a. BiLLy bOb

Do unto others as you want done to you!
If you pack it in, pack it out!
post #5 of (permalink) Old 08-27-2001, 04:30 PM Thread Starter

BB, You are a nice guy! Shoot, I shoulda' called you and asked you to help me!

AARRRRRRRG! 1987 Red JX 'vert, 4.5 BREEZE SPOA, SJ410 T-case (not sure how I like it), 29 Super Swampers (31 BFG M/T knock offs - eventually) AARRRRRRRG!
post #6 of (permalink) Old 08-27-2001, 05:07 PM
Keyboard Implanted

capn, id had helped ya, but i had my own problems allll day saturday.....
BiLLy bOb

post #7 of (permalink) Old 08-27-2001, 06:11 PM
Can't Get Enough

At least your not hungry and sleeping in a gutter.
That's what I think about when crap happens to me.

Bill Forrest!!............Off-Road Champion.
http://www.geocities.com/zukybill/index.html
post #8 of (permalink) Old 08-27-2001, 06:48 PM
Keyboard Implanted

agreed completely bill.
BiLLy bOb

post #9 of (permalink) Old 08-27-2001, 07:02 PM Thread Starter

I sometimes wonder who the guy/gal is who has it worse than everyone else...

post #10 of (permalink) Old 08-28-2001, 01:40 AM

capn and bb- saturday was just a nasty day to be out on the highways! glad that you are all ok though! BB- my legs aren't that sexy... and I ain't got no lexus...but I got a nice smile!
rae

Sooner or Later you will be shown the light, In the strangest of places if you look just right.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode