transfer case arms - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-26-2001, 04:40 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

transfer case arms

I need to get some new transfer case arms cause I'm gonna be runnin grs2. I like RRO new arm cause it is one of the strongest designs I have seen yet. What do you guys think? Does anyone make a stronger arm and who would it be? Is it hard to make your own? Thanks!

88 sammy, coils, toy axles, fully locked, arb bumper, headers, k&n, flowmaster, weber, RCI seats, herculiner, soon to be more
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-26-2001, 07:02 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: transfer case arms

Ive made my own arms and they are super beafy. another upgrade you sould do is beafed up T.C. mounts, They are quite easy to make also.

88 sami,lifted YJs ,toy axles,rear 4 link coils ,16/35/15 boggers,twin cam,alot of mud.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-26-2001, 08:34 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

i use HARDCORE 4X4 t-case arms. they are super beefy like all Tim's stuff!!! we also use the Spidertrax poly mounts in place of the stockers. according to your signiture you got quite a rig.....got any pics?? Really interested in the coil suspension.

-Mitch
86 samurai
33"BFG, YJ rear 3"rears up front w/breeze droplinks, breeze crossover steering & track bar, DT shocks, locked f&R, 4.16 case, weber, header
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-26-2001, 08:59 PM
Keyboard Implanted

No matter whose arms you use-you need to do the poly bushing mounts.I lost a new GRS1[SIDE BROKE OUT OF IT] when the stock bushing tore apart.Good luck,RR

THANK GOD FOR VETERANS AND SUZUKIS-BOTH KEEP YOU FREE. FOUNDER;INDIANA SUZUKI EMERGENCY RESPONSE TEAM
post #5 of (permalink) Old 08-26-2001, 09:52 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Gotta agree with RR just tore my stock rubber mount off yesterday, I lucked out no real damage though.

1986 Samurai
Locked rear
4:1 trasfer case
SPOA
Missing links
Breeze Crossover Steering
Spidertrax Panhard Rod
More mods on the way just waiting for the lottery board to call
post #6 of (permalink) Old 08-27-2001, 12:40 AM
lilzeus

I tore open a case but that was because the front mount of the long arm was pretty much solid. ie there were no bushing above or below the arm of tranny cross member. I have been using the stockers for years, no problems yet. I like the poly kit from Spidertrax though, I have installed one, with RRO arm at the same time on a buddy's rig. Gotta say though, the RRO arm was a pain to get in. We ended up having to bend the part that wraps around to make it fit right. The part that wraps around runs VERY close the output flange of the t-case. To the point that it rubbed it a bit. Spidertrax has arms you might ask them about them. The long arm is the strongest I have seen yet, so is the short side. They havent marketed them yet, but Im sure they could make ya a set.

ICQ# = 3859170
There's a new Sami website in town, and its...
http://members.home.net/micahis
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode