tire size?????????? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-25-2001, 12:23 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

tire size??????????

I am currently building my beast and cannot decide which tire size would suit me best. I need some opinion! Here is what I got: Shaffer coil conversion, toy axles, 5.29 gears, spools, grs2, interior mods, engine mods, bumpers, and I plan on some serious fender trimming once this thing is one the road. Many people say that 35's are too big for sammy and 33's are a good choice. I want to put tsl sx's on, but I just cant decide which size would be better. Please, anyone with some good info on this I would appreciate hearing from, whats your guy's opinions?

88 sammy, coils, toy axles, fully locked, arb bumper, headers, k&n, flowmaster, weber, RCI seats, herculiner, soon to be more
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-25-2001, 04:50 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: tire size??????????

Well everyone thinks I'm crazy but go with the 35's. with trimming you should be able to flex those very well. I run 38.5 sx's and I've got a ways to go in the trimming dept.

Go Big! If not in your ride, in your heart!
post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-25-2001, 05:16 PM
I Do This For The Glory

Go with the Q78 Swamper, the sidewall isn't as heavy and the tire isn't as large. You may have to trim more, but I bet they'll fit.

JEEPN
Winter Harbor, Maine
'81 CJ-8 Scrambled, It's a Jeep, Chevy, IHC kinda thing!
'88.5 Zuki, 7" Lift, Locked, Swamped, Rolled, and just generally broken in right!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-25-2001, 10:59 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

35's and don't look back!!! Take a look at Zukiman's Swamper SSR's. They're 33's, but wiiiiiide. Siping ought to work nice on rocks too. I want boggers myself.

Scott

87 Teal Hardtop - Calmini SR, 235 BFG/AT's, GRS2, Weber, Thorley, Flowmaster, RRO Crawler Rear that likes to eat Camry's :+>
Semper Fi!
post #5 of (permalink) Old 08-26-2001, 02:42 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

yeah, I want boggers too, but they don't last long at all when on the road and I want to be able to drive a bit on the road without having to worry about replacing my warn out boggers. I think I will go with the 35x15.5 tsl-sx's, they kick ass man. I love the way they look on sammy's. Go to www.azrockcrawler.com for some awesome pics of the 33's. He has a pretty cool rig! Thanks for the feed back dudes!

post #6 of (permalink) Old 08-26-2001, 05:14 AM
Pooh-Bah

go withe 35s ;-) I have 35 MT's and thorugh they were sweet, but after getting a good look at the 35 15.50 TSL SX well, I need new tires ;-) haha

post #7 of (permalink) Old 08-26-2001, 11:13 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

what is a good tire for the money that will last long even though every tire I have seen on my zuk has lasted 4 years??(thats what about 2 sets of tires!)

" Go Cheap n' Smooth or Forget about it!"

Thanx
Studly
92 Zuki/235's/header/cherry bomb exhaust/Still Building
72 fj40/crate 350/33's/discs
post #8 of (permalink) Old 08-26-2001, 11:25 AM

I love my 33's! Want to lower the truck some... getting a bit too big ... Thinkin that i might have to do some modifiying to the fenders... or a body lift... dont know yet... Anyhow...I run 33in BFG MTA's with a 2-1/2 back spaced rim and Spidertax wheel spacers.. I prefer a wider tire...used to run 325/60's (metric BFG MTA's until this year) loved those tires too. Good luck on decieding.. 35's are kicka$$ too though. I suppose i was no help!oh well!
Rae

Sooner or Later you will be shown the light, In the strangest of places if you look just right.
post #9 of (permalink) Old 08-26-2001, 01:25 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

hey thanks again for the info, cause I am most certainly going 35's. Hey are any of you runnin webers on your rigs? Do you have any problems with them and what did you do to the carb to make it more off-roadable?THanks!

post #10 of (permalink) Old 08-26-2001, 03:47 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

little late but I would go with whatever the rarest tire would be!!

" Go Cheap n' Smooth or Forget about it!"

Thanx
Studly
92 Zuki/235's/header/cherry bomb exhaust/Still Building
72 fj40/crate 350/33's/discs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode