vw turbodiesel? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-24-2001, 12:39 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

vw turbodiesel?

okay,
I dont even currently own a suzuki, but i looked at a couple and i liked what i saw. If i do end up with one in the future, i'd like to swap the engine out. I've heard that a company called axis conversions or something like that sells kits to swap in a VW turbodiesel. Has anyone done anything like that before and is it practical and cool?
thanx
charlie adams

Northern Arizona, 1984 xtracab. dual sidedraft mikunis, header exhaust
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-24-2001, 08:21 AM
Cap34

Re: vw turbodiesel?

Keltec used to produce a conversion kit which was marketed as "Axis Conversions". Petroworks is either selling one now, or will be bringing one out soon. If you want to see an example of a beautiful diesel machine, get on Petroworks' site and look at Gary Munck's yellow bomb. It will make you salivate.

Petroworks also has a source for crated 1.9 TD's, and is producing a custom dashboard for your new guages. So if you want to do some one-stop shopping for a truely awesome setup, check them out. That reminds me, I have to check my lottery ticket!

post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-24-2001, 08:21 AM

Do a search - you will find this topic has been beaten to death....

OILBURNER [email protected]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-24-2001, 08:43 AM
Keyboard Implanted

Pretty awesome conversion, but very pricy. Not for the tight wallet.

<font color=blue>Yankee Tim</font color=blue>[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
post #5 of (permalink) Old 08-24-2001, 09:20 AM

AMEN, brother! Speak the word!

Pillard
'87 Sami, 5.5" SpOA, 33" Pro-Comps, Snorkel, 8k winch, 23" buggy-leafs, Cal 4.16 t-case, Lkd Frt, welded rear, 8-point Roll Cage, etc, etc.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 08-24-2001, 09:33 AM

Yes there is are two companies doing the conversion. Petroworks used to work with KEltect but they arent doing the VW swap any more. They dropped out of the market from my understanding. I am also going to do the conversion as soon as it is perfected. Petroworks said they are currently working all the bugs out. It is really another company they are working with that will make the kits and Petroworks will only sale the kits. But Gary owns a Sami with the VW diesel and has loads of information. I will go with their kit when it hits the market. You will need the lift the rig and they recommend a Spring Over. I think it has to do with the oil pan. I cant remember and I just got off work from a 14 hour shift so my brain is gone. I know the VW rabbit trucks with the diesel gets in the 40mpg and I have heard some get as high as 50mpg. I am sure the zuk would get in the 30's easy.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode