beach camping trip??? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-22-2001, 04:03 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

beach camping trip???

ok, whos interested in a beach camping trip. 2 weeks after zuwharrie. im already making plans. as of now, its prolly going to be in the kure beach/wilmington area of north carolina. IFLIPEZ and I are planning it as of now. heard theres some interest from others that might want to attend. im going for sure, will be leaving thursday after work. friday nite and saturday nite will be spent on the beach. going to be good food, wheeling, fishing and who knows what else. weather is usually 70s/50s from what im told. perfect weather for camping in my opinion. everybody is welcome to join us. R/T has secured permision from his boss to park tow rigs n trailers where he works. the proposed dates are november 2-4.
Hope to see a good turn out.
BiLLy bOb

Do unto others as you want done to you!
If you pack it in, pack it out!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-22-2001, 05:08 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: beach camping trip???

I'll be there with M and THE CHEWMAN TOO!!!!!!!
ROB

post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-22-2001, 11:40 PM
SPAMurai

sounds great to me!! are you talking about camping on carolina beach? if so, count me in - haven't been to carolina beach yet this year. can't commit yet though - i'm supposed to be in tellico the weekend after that and might have to spend that weekend getting the 4-runner ready (front locker, 33's, maybe new bumpers!)

can't wait for zuwharrie either! met a guy in north raleigh saturday night with a sweet sammy - he wasn't aware that there were other nuts like him (us) around. young guy, seemed real nice.

steve o'

'87 4-Runner, 31's, Downey headers & 2.5" cat-back, Flowmaster, 3" lift, and locked.
'87 SPAMurai, 30's, 2" lift, to be locked soon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-23-2001, 07:03 AM
Old Hand

You know I'll be there!

I might not stay overnight but I'll be there Saturday at least.

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img][email protected]
http://www.geocities.com/jbird88_5/index.html
http://www.geocities.com/zuwharrieinfo/
post #5 of (permalink) Old 08-23-2001, 08:31 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

For those who don't want to tent camp, there are numerous camp grounds (for travel trailers/motor homes) and hotels in the area. If anyone wants info, feel free to contact me at [email protected] or ask right here on the board, and I'll answer ASAP!
R/T

88 Samurai, 1300 bored .020,Power Punch II head w/1600 exhaust valves,Low End AAPA cam,Weber,Calmini Header,2" Exhaust System,31/13.50/15 Baja Belted Radials

post #6 of (permalink) Old 08-23-2001, 09:59 AM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

if yall can make it, come on down, it'll be a blast!!!! im think there might be a free for all dinner one nite too.
BiLLy bOb

post #7 of (permalink) Old 08-23-2001, 10:56 AM
ronin

SPAMurai, where are you located in Raleigh. I am about 10 minutes outside of downtown. I have seen about 6 samurais around in the past week, wonder if one of em was you. We ought to hook up sometime and go wheeling local, I know a great spot right here in town off Poole Road. Lots of mud and some pretty steep hills. I know of another slightly modified Samurai owned by a guy at the local Advanced Auto. That makes four inlcuding the guy you met, that would be a blast!

later

'88 JX, 3" Nationals, 2" Shackles, 30" BFGs, 2" CatBack, MegaFlow & 4.16s!

post #8 of (permalink) Old 08-23-2001, 11:58 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

BillyBob, do you mean camping right on the beach. Is this on the Ocean? I'd love to do that some day. Too bad it's so far away. Make this a yearly event and maybe I'll make arrangements to come down one year. Plus I'd get to taste your awesome cookin' again - Yummm!!

post #9 of (permalink) Old 08-23-2001, 03:14 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Hopefully the Red Drum will be running then and I can teach BB how to Blacken Redfish. Make sure to bring your fishing gear, I will bring extras and plety of tackle. A freind of mine in Cape Charles, Va owns a tackle shop so it keeps the expense down.I have seen some really big reds caught on freshwater tackle, just set the hook and hold on!!!
ROB

post #10 of (permalink) Old 08-23-2001, 04:16 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

rgd, yup man, thats pretty much the plan. throw up camp friday afternoon, come on back home sunday. im sure we wont have any problems doing a yearly event. tell ya what man, come down for april zuwharrie, might well be able to do something right before or right after uwharrie then. gives ya 6 months to start planning for it. just a thought. im up to a second trip already. maybe to another beach, think theres several to choose from.... who knows????

rob, i got a $19.95 walmart special fishin pole. thats the extent of my fishin gear. just never really interested me. think i might have a hook on the end of the line. what else should i bring? also, give me a idea of what i might need to cook up that fish. keep plenty of cast iron cook wear in gear, but what else? spices? herbs? let me know man.
BiLLy bOb

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode