Running out of POWER or GAS how can you tell - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-21-2001, 03:03 PM Thread Starter

Running out of POWER or GAS how can you tell

OK I have another post addressing this question but I don't think I properly described my problem, so I will try again to make sure I am getting the right question answered here.

Here is the situation:
I am climbing the hill, it is aprox 40 feet long, the first 30 feet inclining at about a 45 degree angle and the last 10 feet increasing in incline to a final degree of about 60 or 65 degrees. At the bottom I get on it and stay on it. I climb the first 30 feet no problem, once towards the top on the steeper incline little sami just goes something like bog-boogg-booogggg-stall. Then I slid all the way back down and flipped onto my side. That is the part I am trying to get rid of.

Now, is this a fuel flow problem or a lack of power problem? What else is a factor in making this determination?
I run a stock engine, carb and exhaust. I have 31X10.5X15 all terrain firestones. I have stock gears now and a Calmini geared T-case on the way. Any help from you sami guru's here would be greatly appreciated. Thanks F_T

88 hardtop, custom SPOA, 31's, Calmini T-Case(comming soon)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-21-2001, 03:25 PM
zukikid

Re: Running out of POWER or GAS how can you tell

ok... let me clearify, i was running the big dunes at the badlands,i was in first gear hi 4x4.i was going up the dunes no prob till i stated to run out of rpms and stall. i run a weber carb that i have done all the incline fixes that one can do to it. anyway ,loose your rpm's and loose what little grunt your engine has with those big o meats. and you stall.
when the stock carb is runnig right,is one of the best incline proof carbs out there for the samurai.i hope this helps
zukikid

proud owner of the SUPER stock zuk. :-)
post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-21-2001, 04:05 PM
mike shannon

just wait till you get the t case gears, and i bet you will find it has fixed itself. you sound just like you are running out of power and get it in low range or use a bigger motor. dune running takes some h.p. it sucks the power real fast. i ran on the dunes for the first time last year with a 4.16 t case and 5.12s f&r and i couldn't belive how bad i was down on power. i could climb every thing that was out there[that was firm] but the dunes kicked my butt. i found out that momentum is my friend.i am running a stock carb and it will run at about any angle. just my 2 cents later mike

zuks and toys
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-21-2001, 04:08 PM

You just ran out of power, I had it happen to me all the time when I wasn't geared. 31" suck a lot of juice from the little 1.3. When you get the t-case gears in you will be a lot happier.

88 Zuk
locked and loaded
http://www.zukin.homestead.com/main.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode