Beasley's Knob Ride (GA) - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-21-2001, 02:25 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Beasley\'s Knob Ride (GA)

Hey everyone in the South East we are all meeting up at Beasley's Knob for Labor Day Weekend. Should be about 10 Zuks and lots of fun you are all welcome to join us. There is rumor some of us might shot over to Tellico on one of the days we are there. Hope to see you guys.

Jason

I Work to Wheel, because I wheel, I work.
http://www.geocities.com/zuk_tonka/zuk.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-21-2001, 04:15 PM

Re: Beasley\'s Knob Ride (GA)

What are the trails like there? I'm, interested, but I wheel in a stock '97 sidekick sport which is also my daily driver, so I don't want to screw anything up. You think I could make it? I've made it through Rich Mountain (even the big mub hole at the top) But don't know anything about Beasley's Knob. What do you guys think?

-Derek Schwab
'97 Sidekick Sport
'83 CJ-7
post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-21-2001, 05:52 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Well I am not too sure how a stocker will do. I can say that if it rains we won't ride because of how hard it is when it is wet. But that information is from a old source. Last winter they cleaned up the trails, so there is no telling what it is like now. But on good note we will run the easy stuff and up to the most difficult. And I can assure you that we will have empty seat or seats. I also included what the ranger district has to say about the area.

Length: 10.8 Miles (18.0 Kilometers)
Difficulty: Difficult

This area has a well developed system of 8 interconnecting trails offering a total of 10.8 miles and a wide variety of riding challenges. RIDING IS ALLOWED ON DEVELOPED TRAILS ONLY. Most trails are considered difficult due to steep terrain. The trails are most suited to experienced riders who are skilled in mountain terrain driving. Inexperienced riders are strongly urged to find other trails.(( i don't agree with this, when we before it was my first time wheeling in the mountains and i had no problems))
Visitors should stop by the Brasstown Ranger District, or call 706-745-6928 for more information on these trails.

Directions from Blairsville: Take US Hwy. 76 (the Appalachian Development Highway) east from Blairsville for 4 miles. Turn right on Forest Service Road 745. Follow this road 1.1 miles to the parking lot.
Jason

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-21-2001, 06:36 PM

a couple of years ago my wife & i stopped by on the way back from tellico. at the time i had a well built cj-7--360 v-8,locked both ends, 35" bfg mt's, winch etc. we were the only ones out there on a weekday & i can tell you that some of the trails are scary steep!! i don't think a stocker would make most of them. not only are the climbs steep but they are long & straight up--not switchbacked. i almost did a forward endo coming down one--my wife wouldn't get back in the jeep after that--she walked out!! probably would be a blast with a group though. have fun!!

cueball
88 hd-top,1.3with weber, calmini cam,headers & 2" exhaust, jacobs ignition, 3" national spua , 4.16 tc gears, 88.5 5th gear,29x10.50 swamper tsl sx's
post #5 of (permalink) Old 08-22-2001, 09:03 AM
psf4x4

i need to get my trashed fixed and i'll come hell raise. chris

chris "psf"
87 sami, dana 44's fr and rr. yj springs. 5.38 gears, spool rr and lockrite frt. grs 1, 36x12.50tsl/sx

post #6 of (permalink) Old 08-24-2001, 06:42 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Back up top

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode