They call him flipper, flipper, king of the....... - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-21-2001, 09:16 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

They call him flipper, flipper, king of the.......

Flipper is now my new call name among my group of wheelin buddies. I earned it this past weekend at Haspin Acers by being the only one to ever roll their rig twice in one day. That’s right Sami lost her cherry. She went from an EDD(Every Day Driver) to a ORV(Off-Road Vehicle).

I have rolled rigs before, but never a samurai. I must say it wasn't all that bad. FLYING down the 40 foot hill I was trying to climb backwards was a bit much but the flop over at the end was not bad at all. I was right at the top and it just seemed to run out of power, the carb bogged out and it was too muddy for my all terrains to hold so down I went. If it wouldn't have rolled I would have probably killed someone at the bottom of the hill so all in all I am glad it happened. And it is nice to get the first one over with, sets the vehicle/project on another path I think.

The second time I was trying to climb a 5' embankment that was at bout an 85 degree angle. I got up it(felt good) and had no where to go. I sat there for a second and saw a trail on my right, but I could not back up to get a straight shot at it without fallin off the ledge I had just climbed(which is what I should have done, but no I had to be cool), so I tried to turn down into a eroded trail from a bad angle. This time it flipped to the passenger side. We hit quite a bit harder this time being we were falling down about 3' cliff into the trail. If I’d of only had those toyo axles, a little more width here would have saved me. But no real harm done here either.

I had three passengers for the first flip and only two for the second, no one was hurt. Both times we just winched her back on her wheels and fired her up. No oil fluid leaks, except for the cooler and that doesn’t count. Just a little work with the sledge and a two-by-four and my rig will be as good as new. That is more than I can say for any other rig I have ever rolled or rolled in.

88 hardtop, custom SPOA, 31's, Calmini T-Case(comming soon)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-21-2001, 03:10 PM

Re: They call him flipper, flipper, king of the.......

This is my post I don't know why my name isn't on it.

post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-21-2001, 05:31 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

well congrats on EARNING your knickname haha.

hope my knickname wont come after i roll the thing (although ive beed trying to roll it with no luck *as in not succeding hehe*)

guess it helps i already got my knickname. im happy to say that im happy with it, and hope you will be too. hehe

GOTTA HAVE THE GAME TO GET THA NAME!

~GooT~
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
Do not drink and park, accidents cause people.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-21-2001, 08:20 PM
Keyboard Implanted

sounds like ya earned it man.
BiLLy bOb

Do unto others as you want done to you!
If you pack it in, pack it out!
post #5 of (permalink) Old 08-21-2001, 08:22 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Id give anything to know what my rollover felt like. My head busted the pass. side windshield and i went out like a light. All i remember is it sliding out, me correctin it and then it leaning. My buddies said we did 3 full barrel rolls to the pass. side and one endo. Ive been tryin to roll it again ever since then but with no luck.

Will
"It aint the wand its the magician"
"Keep the shiny side up"
Tread lightly
post #6 of (permalink) Old 08-21-2001, 09:47 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Hey, that's how I earned the nickname......except I rolled sideways twice, hit a tree, spun 90 degrees and then did two back flips.

post #7 of (permalink) Old 08-22-2001, 08:52 AM

Wow considering your flip was much more dangerous and spectacular I think you should keep the name. FullTilt suits me better in many ways, and I'm thinking the flipper name wouldn't stick long term. Kind of just a weekend thing.

For those of you trying to flip, I think the most important thing to remember is to not be ready. Things like that never happen when your ready for them.

post #8 of (permalink) Old 08-22-2001, 07:56 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Flipper, do you have any pics of the damage yet. When i rolled i did 5,000 worth of damage (or so said the suzuki dealership). I rebuilt it myself for $1,000, but i didnt paint it or fix the caved in rear quarter panel. The only thing i didnt hurt was the drivers door the tailgate and the grill. It had a factory brushguard so that saved the grill.

Id love to see some pics. Ill post some of mine as soon as i figure out my scanner.

Will
"It aint the wand its the magician"
"Keep the shiny side up"
Tread lightly
post #9 of (permalink) Old 08-23-2001, 09:11 AM

I did not have a camera on this trip, of course. There was someone there who did manage to get a couple shots of it on the trail. I am sure I will take a few when I go to beat it back into shape. I haven't had time to mess with it this week yet. As soon as I get em I'll post em.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode