Land cruiser axle - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-16-2001, 05:36 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Land cruiser axle

I'm looking for some info if anyone has put a landcruiser rear axle in. I'm having a hard time locating an axle also.
Thanks, Smily

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-16-2001, 05:47 PM
mike shannon

Re: Land cruiser axle

i have a set of fj60 axles that i am going to put in a zuk. it looks like a pretty easy swap. i have a 88 fj62 on 38sx swampers that i beat pretty hard and the birfs have held up fine. the toy lc axles are flanged. so the drive shaft wont be a problem. but if you have a 88 or olded zuk with the dual rear brake line you are going to have to do some serious line work. 4.88 gears are the lowest you can put in with out grinding the ring gear on the back. unless you get a full float out of a fz80. that would be the best of everthing. high pinion up front and a full float rear. but it will cost some bucks. you are way stronger than a dana 44 in the rear. the birfields are the weak point in the front. but should be overkill big time in a light weight zuk. i have 5.29s in the land cruiser and had to grind the ring gear to clear the center pin in the carrier. the 5.29s are 195 a set. they come stock with 4.10 on the old land cruisers and the fj62s not sure on the fz80s. the fj 60s had 3.73s. that is about all i can tell you about them later mike

zuks and toys
post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-17-2001, 01:13 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

hey mike, you were gonna sell me those fer my zook.

87 sammy (RAIL BUGGY) PROJECT 50 % complete. isuzu/chevy luv motor, auto tranny, tube chassis,3 link coils rear,at least 35" boggers, and whatever else i can get a deal on and modify.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-17-2001, 09:53 AM
mike shannon

no i was going to sell you some from the fj60 that has still not been delivered. its still in abilene. i know where you can get a scout front end but i here that the knuckles are not as good for a high steer set up. there are a set of waggy axles in a yard here by work you can pick up for about 250.00 give me a call my mobile is screwed so i got another. the no. is 817-819-0267 later mike

zuks and toys
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode