Frazzled nerves and ZOOKIN' 2k1dinner info - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-16-2001, 12:00 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

Frazzled nerves and ZOOKIN\' 2k1dinner info

First off, I need to explain what is happening to me so no one thinks I'm slacking.

If you were around last Septemeber and remember, my house was robbed after I had returned from my Florida vacation. The only things stolen were my rifles, including my milled AK-47. Both the state police and me knew it had to be someone who knew me. IT was very unsettling, but I tried to put it behind me.

That is until the weekend before last. That is when I found out that a past "friend" was the thief. I won't bore you with the how and why, but he was arrested on Class D Felony B&E, Possession of Stolen Firearms, Sale of Stolen Firearms, amongst others. He posted bail ($45,000) and is out.

I have an Order of Protection against him. However, I've learned that he is trying to find me to "talk things out", but he has a loaded rifle in his car and is on heavy narcotics (he has terminal Crone's disease). The police have been unable to track him down.

So needless to say, I'm walking on pins and needles. Truly afraid for my family's lives and my own. Not a good scene. So I've been a little behind with everything I'm trying to do as I try to spend as little time at home.

Now that that is explained, I just got off the phone with Outlook Farms (the caterer) regarding the BBQ/Pig Roast dinner. Because many responded that they don't like/eat roast pig, I'm shooting for the "Mixed Grill". Here's the details:

ENTREE:
Slow cooked pulled pork
Homemade sweet & hot Sausage
Smoked Kielbasa
Meaty Country Style Ribs
Dry Rub Spiced Ribs
BBQ Chicken Breast

SIDES (We need to pre-select 3 items)
Baked Potato
Roasted Potato
Homemade baked beans
Tossed Salad
Pasta Salad
Cole Slaw
Potato Salad
Corn on the Cob

This also includes the BBQ sauce, condiments, napkins, utensils and plates. The only thing not included are the beverages and cups. I figure each will have their own (pop, barley pop, Glenfiddich, etc.)

The cost is $17/head. Unfortunately, there is no kid price. The flyer says "all meals subject to 5% sales tax", I check to see what they mean.

I need to get an idea if this can float. If so, we need to move quickly. I would like to see it happen. It would be nice to spend the entire Saturday wheelin' knowing someone else will be making us a very large nice dinner when we return to the campground.

I'll try to send out an email to all the attendees tonite.

<font color=blue>Yankee Tim</font color=blue>[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-16-2001, 12:02 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

Re: Frazzled nerves and ZOOKIN\' 2k1dinner info

Anyone (WW/Zooky?) want to help me with this?

<font color=blue>Yankee Tim</font color=blue>[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-16-2001, 12:47 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Sending out email or convincing a bunch of cheapskates to spend $17.00 a head? (LOL) Let me know, in between spells of vertigo I will try to help. (A little something I picked up in Indiana, Am on meds for it now. (Should make rockcrawling fun..) If you need help on your other problem let me know.
Gotta be some benifit to knowing a bunch of ex mil types..

Glenn
87' Zook Spoa,M/L 33's, 4.16 tcase,4.62 gears Camo,Header,2"exhuast, Cam.
Lockers, 8klb winch, -Wildweasel2 NE4WI- club http://www.cs.umass.edu/~glenn/personal.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-16-2001, 12:48 PM

I hope everything turns out alright for you Tim. Hopefully the police can find him. Did you ever get your guns back? If you didn't and are interested I have a Polytech AK-47 that I'm looking to sell and a Preban Cobray M-11. I hope this isn't bad timing on my part, I just thought that I might be able to help you out. Let me know and I can get more info and pics to you.

Matt Schiccatano

post #5 of (permalink) Old 08-16-2001, 01:04 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

WW - Thanks. I hope it doesn't raise to the level of needing help on anything more than the event.

Excell - Thanks for the offer. I will be able to get my rifles back after the trial. I need to reimburse my insurance company first though.

Mine was a Norinco (China) AK(milled), not the AKM(stamped). For every 10,000 AKM's the chinese pumped out, they made 1 milled AK. While normally chinese rifles are marigal quality, the milled AK is a really nice piece.

I had a Cobray M-11/9 carbine (long barrel) for about a year. Jambed often and clips were expensive. Sold it off to buy Suzuki parts![img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

Right now, I have a pump with 00 buck. And I hope I never need it.

post #6 of (permalink) Old 08-16-2001, 02:19 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Tim,
hope everything works out in your favor.
if ya need any additional ammo, ive got this badass mofo Daisy pump special.It'll take someone's eye out, bye golly.
Seriously- I would like to actually contribute something to this group, as i cant weld, dont know beans about gears and castor angles(well maybe a little- but certainly not like you guys). You and Glenn have unequivocally offered your help to me in regards to fixin/modding stuff, info, and driving up rocks- and i greatly appreciate it.So, put me down for covering you and Shannon Glenn and his family(a total of 5 right?). Now dont think that ive got money flowing out me ears(as we're buying our first house this month), but I wanted to say thanks for helping out this "Rock Shrimp".
Tell me where to send the check and consider it done.
db

dbenj
88.5 zook, mini mudders, 2"shackles,Thorley Header,K&N,Pony Carb,GM Alt,custom ski bumper,yankee off road hood latches.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 08-16-2001, 04:50 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Tim, although I live in Canada I have International connections. I know people. People who can help you. People who can, let's just say, rid you of this little problem you're having. How much you wanna spend??? Hahahaha!! Just kidding Tim. I think you're doing the right thing by staying away from home as much as possible. Your local Police should be able to find this guy soon enough and then you won't be so frazzled.

If you feel like you might want to relocate (perhaps something like a witness protection program) you and your family are always welcome to move in here. Just don't forget to bring all those tools and parts you have in stock.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode