shock relocation - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-14-2001, 09:06 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

shock relocation

I purchased new shock mounts front and rear. The front shock mounts were pretty easy, but the rear mounts are shaped like a piece of angel iron (L shaped)with the shaft sticking out. My question is where does it go ? I thought it went on the top where the old mount is but more toward the center allowing for longer shocks but that metal does not appear to be very strong. Has anyone relocated their mounts, if so where did you relocate them to.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-14-2001, 09:19 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Re: shock relocation

I've attached a picture on how I think it goes together. Ask one of the guys @ north coast off road, petroworks, rocky road, calmini... Everyone's gottem.. They'll all be more than happy to help you out.

got zook? I do, 88.5!
http://www.geocities.com/bik3r
29x10.5 SS TSL SX* Calmini Header,SPOA,Lights, Dupicolor,Z-bar,Xenon lights,diamond plate rockers,tubes front/rear/sides!
Attached Images
File Type: bmp 28-513260-shock.bmp (15.3 KB, 2 views)
post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-14-2001, 10:09 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

They'll weld to the bottom of the axle pointing to the rear. Depending on your shock and exhaust clearance, you could even place them under the original spring perches. Main thing is to make sure they don't intefere with the ubolts or brake lines.

http://www.rocky-road.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-14-2001, 10:28 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Good point Glenn, watch out for heavy duty metal objects in the shocks path. I have distroyed a set of shocks on my zook because I did not cut the old shock mounts back far enough, they gouged the #@$ out of the shocks. Have atleast 1.5" all around clearance on the shock in every which dirrection.

got zook? I do, 88.5!
http://www.geocities.com/bik3r
29x10.5 SS TSL SX* Calmini Header,SPOA,Lights, Dupicolor,Z-bar,Xenon lights,diamond plate rockers,tubes front/rear/sides!
post #5 of (permalink) Old 08-14-2001, 10:45 PM

I don't like shock mounts that stick way down below the axle tubes for the sake of trying to squeeze another couple inches out of a shock length. We set ours up so they dont extend down more than a half inch. A shock sticking down a couple inches is just asking to be peeled off on a rock or something, seen it happen numerous times. It sounds like yours should go under the tube with the long leg on the bottom, and the short leg vertical to the back side of the axle tube.

TGT - NCO

www.northcoastoffroad.com
post #6 of (permalink) Old 08-15-2001, 12:22 AM
Alfie

Better to shift the top mounts inboard.
I have, now have 33" Ranchos 7102.
Did touch a couple a things at first, but I sorted it.
Only problem seems to be the rubber boots are getting cut on the cross bar that takes the mounting bolts.
Guess I'll just bend the edge up with a pair of vise grips.
Alfie

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode