Carb. Vent Tube - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-14-2001, 08:57 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Carb. Vent Tube

Hey I have lots of hesitation (falling face first into the steering wheel at red lights ect..) with my stock 1.3 carb. Is the vent tube worth my time (not much money)? And will help with my problem? Just needing a little advice I guess. I kinda want to put a weber one, but I hear too many horror stories about the up hill hesitation ect... what is the deal with that. Besides I am cheap @$$ on a budget and the 10$ for the vent tube is better than 300 plus for the Weber. Thanks in advance.

jmoe [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]
Get-R-Done!!!!
If you didn't make it the first time, try harder!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-14-2001, 09:00 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Carb. Vent Tube

P.S. Look I am not a stranger anymore!!!

Get-R-Done!!!!
post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-14-2001, 09:21 PM
Keyboard Implanted

I've got it in my suzuki. If your carb is well tuned, the vent tube will be a good investment. Make sure you clean all the crap out of that small hole the vent tube goes into though. You don't want any crud getting into the carb! The performance difference on my zook was not night and day but it was there. It is a good mod that I would reccomend.

got zook? I do, 88.5!
http://www.geocities.com/bik3r
29x10.5 SS TSL SX* Calmini Header,SPOA,Lights, Dupicolor,Z-bar,Xenon lights,diamond plate rockers,tubes front/rear/sides!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-14-2001, 10:29 PM

The vent tube may help in your situation, but I think it performs best at higher rpms than from a dead stop. In my '86 Samurai I had a hesitation at about 50 mph. The vent tube fixed that.

-Farther
post #5 of (permalink) Old 08-14-2001, 10:32 PM

First mod I did was the vent tube, It's worth the few pennies they want for it.

88 Zuk
locked and loaded
http://www.zukin.homestead.com/main.html
post #6 of (permalink) Old 08-14-2001, 10:50 PM

Each carb seems a little different, but the tube seems to cure the hesitation where ever it is at in the rpm range. For best results as mentioned, the carb should be well tuned. The best indicator of your carb condition is your gas milage, with near stock size tires and normal driving, it should be in the 25+ range, with larger tires it should be around the 20 range or so. If big tires and engine mods etc., it could be around 16 - 18. A big drop in gas milage and sooty tail pipe means the carb is on the blink, and dumping a lot of fuel and in dire need of repair.

TGT - NCO

www.northcoastoffroad.com
post #7 of (permalink) Old 08-14-2001, 11:15 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

A Weber or a Pony will get rid of that stock hesitation. [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Neal the Zukiguy

88.5 Weber carb, header, 4.16 t-case, 31x10.5 M/T's, 2" s/r, 2 1/2" bod lift, front tube, Swift seats, on-board air
post #8 of (permalink) Old 08-15-2001, 05:28 AM
Keyboard Implanted

Make sure that you don't already have one!

Take off the air ducting piece and look down the carb. If you see a bevelled-faced tube sticking out the inside wall of the main throat near the top, then you already have it and the problem is something else.

I bought one, then discovered that I already had one installed. $15 bucks wasted...

If you discover that you already have one, check your vacuum hoses for looseness or leaks.

Ackerdackerly and

'Ol Yellow Wheels before...
post #9 of (permalink) Old 08-15-2001, 04:51 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Well what about the Weber problems going up hills and stuff, is there a fix? I also heard you could turn them around and run the backwards does this work? The Weber is around 350$ or so, how much could I set up a Pony for? Which one is the better preformer. I have a friend that took the weber off his father-in-laws cause it would act up ever time he went wheelin with it, I have been trying to talk him out of it but he wont fess it up yet Oh well?

Get-R-Done!!!!
post #10 of (permalink) Old 08-15-2001, 05:02 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I mounted mine backwards, and only had one near stall at Barnwell. A quick tap of the clutch remedied that. you can also fill in the opening and drill a new breather to prevent spillage, although I always seem to find something else to do to my Zuki everytime I get around to doing that.

Once you get the jets and the floater level set properly, all you really need to do is re-adjust your mixture every so often. I always adjust mine before and after a long day of trailing.

There is a hesitation I have never been able to get rid of, but it is something you have to live with as a Weber owner. You can move the hesitation u pand down the rpm range, but never get rid of it. Mine is in 1st gear about 700 rpms. I give it gas and it hesitates a second and lurches slightly. never seen a Weber that doesn't do this.

Never used or seen a pony in action myself, heard nothing but good things about them though. I'll sell you mine when I get to Fla for $225 with the modified manifold, K&N filter, and adaptor kit

/shrug

Neal the Zukiguy

88.5 Weber carb, header, 4.16 t-case, 31x10.5 M/T's, 2" s/r, 2 1/2" bod lift, front tube, Swift seats, on-board air
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode